Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letterkenny

Options
  • 07-07-2015 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭

Going to Letterkenny next month and looking for any help on a place to stop for food en route,

Also what pub/club etc to go to, staying in Gallaghers Hotel and heard they have a club.

Thanks for any help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

jeffk wrote: »
    Going to Letterkenny next month and looking for any help on a place to stop for food en route,

Also what pub/club etc to go to, staying in Gallaghers Hotel and heard they have a club.

Thanks for any help!!!

Leaving from where, at what time and what way are you travelling? What day of the week will you be LK? What kind of music/bar scene do you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Sorry

Leaving from where
    Dublin/Maybe Navan
    At what time
    9-10ish
    What way are you travelling?
    Not sure, Google map routes are literally minutes in the difference
    What day of the week will you be LK?
    Bank Holiday weekend August 2-5
    What kind of music/bar scene do you like?
    Mostly disco bars, chart stuff, etc

Then Dooley's outside of Ardee for food. They will do half portions too which are pretty large. You'd probably go that way from Navan too.
    Voodoo is probably a good option for you. Gallaghers do have a club but I'm not sure how active it is these days.

Other venues are The Pulse, Orchard Inn and Golden Grill, but I've not sure where the hot spot would be at this point. Gallagher's is actually a good location for you, since its a a good centre point to all these places.

Maldesu wrote: »
    Then Dooley's outside of Ardee for food. They will do half portions too which are pretty large. You'd probably go that way from Navan too.
    Voodoo is probably a good option for you. Gallaghers do have a club but I'm not sure how active it is these days.

Other venues are The Pulse, Orchard Inn and Golden Grill, but I've not sure where the hot spot would be at this point. Gallagher's is actually a good location for you, since its a a good centre point to all these places.

Thanks for all the info and help

Probably will go from Navan as planning on malin head then back down to hotel, so twenty minutes or so less will help a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

jeffk wrote: »
    Thanks for tall the info and help

Probably will go from Navan as planning on malin head then back down to hotel, so twenty minutes or so less will help a bit

Malin Head is a good 45-60 mins away from Letterkenny depending on traffic.

There are 3 hotels on the main street in Letterkenny, Station House, Dillons and Gallaghers. Milan, the niteclub attached to Gallaghers hasn't been open in years.

Voodoo has a main bar with live music and club upstairs. McGinleys next door is live music. The Pulse at the other end of the main street in a club with live band. Sister Sara's discobar is across the road from there. Most other bars have bands on.

• Advertisement

Malin Head is a good 45-60 mins away from Letterkenny depending on traffic.

There are 3 hotels on the main street in Letterkenny, Station House, Dillons and Gallaghers. Milan, the niteclub attached to Gallaghers hasn't been open in years.

Voodoo has a main bar with live music and club upstairs. McGinleys next door is live music. The Pulse at the other end of the main street in a club with live band. Sister Sara's discobar is across the road from there. Most other bars have bands on.

Yeah I had a look. going to be like when we went to Belfast, went straight to Giants Causeway and back to hotel on first day. Dont know how anyone can drive to either and back in a day

Cool thanks, ill keep a note of all of them, looks like plenty of choice

Just found out Dooley's doesn't open till 12 everyday(madness),unfortunately far to late for us.

Can anyone recommend another place? Leaving around eight as want to be in malin head to have a look and then see charity shield match in a pub at three

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭0lordy

You're probably better off eating closer to Malin then - I'd suggest swinging by Derry city centre to eat, but there's also Buncrana and other places in Inishowen.

if you pick a town or area to eat in, I'm sure people will come up with recommendations.

Maybe Harry's in Bridgend. You might hit the area just after 12 if are leaving that early. Would be close to the routes towards Malin iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭JoannieG

Maldesu wrote: »
    Maybe Harry's in Bridgend. You might hit the area just after 12 if are leaving that early. Would be close to the routes towards Malin iirc.

I second Harry's. Or the Gap Coffee Company, also in Bridgend. Or An Grianan Hotel, just up the road from there in Burt. Good food in them all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

If you leave letterkenny in the morning say around 8 in the morning you will be in Malin head at around 9.15/9.30 that is if you dont stop.

There is not alot in Malin Head except the scenery. but it is just nice to be able to say that you were at the very tip of Ireland

There are loads of places where you could eat between Letterkenny and Malin Head

There is Kiernans Diner on the main road to Bridgend you cant miss it
    I wouldnt advise going to Derry to eat It would be going out off your way and the exchange rate is desperate at the moment

There are loads of places in Buncrana to eat The Lily Rose cafe Oscars The harbour

Then there is Carndonagh where there are also plenty of cafes

You could probably catch lunch in the Malin hotel on your way back and still be back for for 3

Happy holidays

lulu1 wrote: »
    If you leave letterkenny in the morning say around 8 in the morning you will be in Malin head at around 9.15/9.30 that is if you dont stop.

There is not alot in Malin Head except the scenery. but it is just nice to be able to say that you were at the very tip of Ireland

There are loads of places where you could eat between Letterkenny and Malin Head

There is Kiernans Diner on the main road to Bridgend you cant miss it
    I wouldnt advise going to Derry to eat It would be going out off your way and the exchange rate is desperate at the moment

There are loads of places in Buncrana to eat The Lily Rose cafe Oscars The harbour

Then there is Carndonagh where there are also plenty of cafes

You could probably catch lunch in the Malin hotel on your way back and still be back for for 3

Happy holidays

That basically sums up my thoughts on Malin head,we will be driving three hours to Letterkenny, might as well add another one and see it.

We will and thanks for all the infortmation!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

Hi all,

Im posting on this thread as im looking for help on seeking acc for the donegal rally iv tried aload of b&b hotels and holiday homes all booked up can anyone reccommend a town village close to Letterkenny that I may be able to secure acc thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 45,843 ✭✭✭✭muffler

revoke12, one thread is enough to post in, thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement