Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left work & cant get final holiday pay

Options
  • 22-01-2012 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi you might remember me from a few months back asking how much holiday pay i should receive when leaving the job i was in.

I had reason to ask it seems!! They only gave me 4 days when i was supposed to get more, anyway I contacted my boss about it and at first she said she didn't think I was due anymore days but I pointed out that I only took 9 days during the year and only received 4 days when leaving. She told me to leave it with her.

After Christmas I got back onto her and she said that she totally forgot about it.... blah blah after alot of back and forth she told me to call in on friday evening and it would be there, so I hop into a taxi straight from work (cost €18!!) and low and behold nothing f**king there for me! text my old boss, rang about 50 times but she turned off her phone after the first time! I rang her yesterday and she acted all suprised that it wasn't there for me, she offered to drop it to my house when its sorted but i said i'd prefer to collect it. shes gonna get onto the accountant again.

Sorry if this is long but I'm just wondering how long I should leave it before I start getting mean, also, who can I talk to about it if they keep giving me the run around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Keep pushing her until you get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Do you have an exact figure that you feel you are due, can you send this to her in writing giving her 5 days to send it to you / have it ready. How much are you short?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Do you have an exact figure that you feel you are due, can you send this to her in writing giving her 5 days to send it to you / have it ready. How much are you short?

Was supposed to get 5 or more days than i did, gonna wait till tomorrow and get on to her again

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Why dont' you contact your local citizens advice bureau, I am sure they could intervene on your behalf. It's important that you have facts ready, ie. how many days you were entitled to (pro-rated up to your finish date) less any annual leave taken. Going in without exact details won't help your case. With exact details they are less likely to fob you off.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yes, I dont think its worth ringing NERA as they are not going to intervene in an isolated incident but maybe the citizens advice bureau could do something. Other than that, it looks like the employer is just hoping you give up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 bugsy1977

im in the same boat,i lost my job 3 weeks ago,i had to leave because the boss owed me 2000 euro,now he wont answer the phone or return txts,im up the walls with worry,cant sleep ect,ive loads of bills need paying and the dole wont cover them,to make matters worse i cant even get my p45 or p60 off him,help before i have a breakdown! sorry for hijacking ur thread!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MrBadger

bugsy1977 wrote: »
    im in the same boat,i lost my job 3 weeks ago,i had to leave because the boss owed me 2000 euro,now he wont answer the phone or return txts,im up the walls with worry,cant sleep ect,ive loads of bills need paying and the dole wont cover them,to make matters worse i cant even get my p45 or p60 off him,help before i have a breakdown! sorry for hijacking ur thread!!

If you can't get your P45 or P60 give your local revenue office a call, they'll get in touch with your employer on your behalf and get it
    If you are not given a P45 when you leave your job you should first ask your employer for it. If the employer does not supply it you should contact your local tax office. Revenue will contact the employer and obtain your P45 for you. If you have started a new job, Revenue will send you a new tax credit certificate so you will not have to pay emergency tax in your new job.

I'm not sure how to manage the holiday pay/back pay issue though, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bugsy1977

thanks Mrbadger,i sent an email to the revenue today explaining the p45 situation,i think i have to send a complaint to NERA and sit back and wait for months on end to see what happens,brutal how some of these cowboys can operate and chances are get off scotfree!!

Advertisement