Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monthly wage

Options
  • 28-01-2012 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

evening all

i get paid monthly in the job i'm in supose too be paid last friday of every month(which the date don't fall on and getting cold shoulder off the job) but the job keeps changing the dates when i am paid where do i stand on this

was paid the following dates

27/09/11 a tuesday
    28/10/11 a wendesday
    28/11/11 a monday
    21/12/11 a wednesday (early as it was xmas)

now not getting paid till 30th of this month which i should have been paid yesterday 27-01-2012 anyone help me out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Is it the last Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭anto2009

Tigger wrote: »
    Is it the last Monday

nope all dates above fall on different days

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭skyline1515

I also get paid monthly and the dates are always different, think it could be down to the payroll company.. Why is it an issue what day you get paid? be glad you have a job

I also get paid monthly and the dates are always different, think it could be down to the payroll company.. Why is it an issue what day you get paid? be glad you have a job

yes there is an issue a company needs to give you a set date for been paid every month and not pay you when they feel like it the company i work for has its own payroll person there i am happy i have a job but not been messed about when been paid how can a person plain anything when they don't know when there getting paid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

be glad you have a job

That line is getting so boring. A worker has every right to know when and how they will be paid.

Talk to Payroll OP. I'm sure there is a logical reason

• Advertisement

My contract states that i get paid on the 28th of the month, but its normally a day or two before, it doesn't bother me what date it goes in as long as it does..
    i still do not understand why you are complaining about it!!!

My contract states that i get paid on the 28th of the month, but its normally a day or two before, it doesn't bother me what date it goes in as long as it does..

did u read my post??

27/09/11 a tuesday
    28/10/11 a wendesday
    28/11/11 a monday

now not getting paid till 30th of this month which i should have been paid yesterday anyone help me out

A worker has every right to know when and how they will be paid.

In all the years i have been working and getting paid monthly, i do not think i have ever been paid on the exact date as it states in the contract..

That line is getting so boring. A worker has every right to know when and how they will be paid.

Talk to Payroll OP. I'm sure there is a logical reason

thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Dave0301

I'm sure it's nice to know when you'll be paid so that one can budget effectively and plan ahead for bills etc. Also if the company state a specific date it should be adhered to.

As for the 'ah sure you're lucky to have a job' attitude, why should that come into the equation at all? The company should still provide a certain level of professionalism.

• Advertisement

A worker has every right to know when and how they will be paid.

In all the years i have been working and getting paid monthly, i do not think i have ever been paid on the exact date as it states in the contract..

last company i worked for was paid 10th of every month no earlier no later

anto2009 wrote: »
    did u read my post??

27/09/11 a tuesday
    28/10/11 a wendesday
    28/11/11 a monday

now not getting paid till 30th of this month which i should have been paid yesterday anyone help me out

Check with your payroll dept, as yesterday was saturday they probably moved it forward to monday for banking and records

Check with your payroll dept, as yesterday was saturday they probably moved it forward to monday for banking and records

that was posted 27-01-2012 23:36

Dave0301 wrote: »
    I'm sure it's nice to know when you'll be paid so that one can budget effectively and plan ahead for bills etc. Also if the company state a specific date it should be adhered to.

As for the 'ah sure you're lucky to have a job' attitude, why should that come into the equation at all? The company should still provide a certain level of professionalism.

thank you Dave0301

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Cause it can be a complete pain in the hole if you have direct debits & standing orders set up to come out of your account on a date when you assume you will be most in funds.

In my last two jobs we got paid on the 24th of the month, unless that fell on a weekend, in which case you got paid on the Friday before. Between them, I was in those jobs 8.5 years. ALL my direct debits, etc. were set up to come out of my account on the 25th of the month, as the money was always there and once they were out, I knew exactly where I stood for the rest of the month.

I then changed to a job where we were paid on the last Friday of the month, so you could be looking at a variance of several days depending what way the calendar fell. If the last Friday happened to be the 31st, say, then all my direct debits were coming out at my brokest time of the month - a week before payday. Varying pay dates are a nightmare if you're trying to manage a lot of payments.

I have mine set up to come out on the 2nd, that way im covered in the event it may be delayed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

If you're paid on a Monday then the funds are accessible via the ATM from Saturday morning.

Advertisement