Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something a little bit special...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

You're right, that's no funny... It's downright scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah but can you imagine owning a Flying V from that era? It'd be to me as owning Chuck Schuldiner's Stealth would be to you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, but who, aside from the most serious of serious collectors could afford such a terrifyingly high price?

And tbh, Schuldiners stealth was absolute one-of-a-kind, there's no comparison! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

That is about $50,000 over the going rate for a 58 Karina V. Still, if you can find someone to pay that much, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I reckon someone just put in the high bid to piss yer man off, so noone else would buy the thing. Something similiar was done when somebody auctioned off the dimebag tshirt with the bullet holes, the thing was going $1.2m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

I reckon someone just put in the high bid to piss yer man off, so noone else would buy the thing. Something similiar was done when somebody auctioned off the dimebag tshirt with the bullet holes, the thing was going $1.2m.

No the starting bid is $60,000. No-one has bid for it yet....strangely enough. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

That's his starting bid. That's what he wants people to bid up from. That's the sacriest part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

he brings his $60.000 out into a field to take photo's?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Yeah I'd keep that thing in a glass box surrounded by lasers.... if it was in fact worth $60,000.

I do love this style of V, much nicer than the stop bar tailpiece design of the 60's and later but for $60,000 I'd just buy 30 of the late nineties Gibson re-issues and piece together the best parts of that lot and have 29 spare kick ass V's ;)

7a_12_s.JPG

• Advertisement

Or maybe I'd buy this one and blow the rest on hookers and coke?

http://shop.gibsonshop.com/product.lasso?c=IE&pr=9995&newlang=en

Yes, plan B rocks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i prefer that new vanilla coke personally

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

doc that link is as dead as the proverbial extinct avian species.

You really had to be there at the time John ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Doctor J wrote:
    You really had to be there at the time John

That's what she said.

And what do you know, still no bids on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

i hate playing flying v's while sitting down i suppose you would get used to it, but i'd still take a les paul anyday before that

Advertisement