Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Followed mod instructions in full and then banned by whoopsadaisydoodles

Options
  • 04-12-2014 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭

I pointed out that 4 posters had been banned from the breast feeding thread in Afterhours for their opinions, rather than breaking any rules.

I didn't continue posting about this but one other poster referenced in and I corrected their reference. I was then warned by Humanji - I then stopped posting about this at all (in fact I think my previous post said that I would not be posting about this again in case I get banned)

31 minutes later whoopsadaisydoodles banned me.

This is very obviously personal to whoopsadaisydoodles, I took my warning from humanji and went with it. I did not post in reference to mod actions after, possibly bar saying that I would not be posting about it.

I would like to see this ban lifted.

whoopsadaisydoodles is obviously out on control, and banning people for personal reasons probably due to the topic at hand. She already banned someone wrongly here and this was one of the things I pointed out (before I was warned and did not post again). There are 3 more in the thread similarly banned for having an opinion, within the rules.

She should be de-modded. Ridiculous carry on.

In any case, please lift my ban, as when I read my warning, I stopped posting.

What is the point in a warning infraction is whoopsadaisydoodles is just going to come along a ban the poster anyway at will?

Bizarre moderation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi nm,

I'll have a look at this but it'll be later this evening.

Have you contacted the banning mod to try and reach a resolution?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Hi nm,
    I'll have a look at this but it'll be later this evening.

Thanks
    Hi nm,
    Have you contacted the banning mod to try and reach a resolution?

Thanks.

Yes and no - I have contacted the banning mod but informed her politely that I'd be opening the thread in DR anyway, as I wanted to bring it to the attention of the cmod and admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

You have successfully brought it to our attention.

I appreciate that you may have been frustrated when you wrote the opening post here, and I would hope the same tone wasn't used when you communicated with the mod. We can revisit that later, I can ask for copies of the pm's if we need to. I say need to, because I am hopeful a resolution can be found before I have to spend time on this :)

Please reopen dialogue with the banning mod, if it proves unsuccessful, I promise you will have my undivided attention.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I was completely civil in my PM exchange.

I'll just wait it out though, it expires later today. I'm not going to engage with someone like this, the record of 4 warnings and bans in that thread alone shows such blatant bias that I just hope that someone is watching the moderators or noticing this stuff.
    Again the same as the other poster she banned that hour, I broke no rules. I also followed the warning instruction when it was given.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement