Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mod on an absolute power trip

Options
  • 29-11-2014 2:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭

First off i'm going to say that I don't really care about the ban bring overturned as i can live without the weather forum for 3 days. More so i Want to bring the attention towards the issue.

It's a forum a rarely visit so perhaps its a bigger issue that others Are aware of though I have no previous knowledge of such a dictator-ish mod.

Basically what happened was a poster questioned a mod with a valid point with reference to another post, This poster was red carded for what i can see as nothing More than showing a point. I them questioned why he/she was infracted against and I got banned.

So basically,i got banned for questioning a mod. A mod is nothing More than a regulär user, if i questioned a regular user I highly doubt i would've been banned. It's nothing More than a power trip.

The mod in question is Lumi who after This display i would have pretty much zero confidence in their ability to moderate,perhaps others feel the same.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

First off i'm going to say that I don't really care about the ban bring overturned as i can live without the weather forum for 3 days. More so i Want to bring the attention towards the issue.
    Hi Celly Smunt. I have questions regarding your dispute resolution forum post. First, have you exchanged PMs with the mod that banned you, and if not, would you please consider doing so in hopes of resolving this issue? Second, do you wish to appeal your ban, and if not, then do you wish to have this thread moved to Feedback? This forum is reserved for appeals of infractions and bans.

Please advise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Black Swan wrote: »
    Hi Celly Smunt. I have questions regarding your dispute resolution forum post. First, have you exchanged PMs with the mod that banned you, and if not, would you please consider doing so in hopes of resolving this issue? Second, do you wish to appeal your ban, and if not, then do you wish to have this thread moved to Feedback? This forum is reserved for appeals of infractions and bans.

Please advise.
    I haven't tried to resolve This over pm though i will see to This as soon as possible to See if a resolution will be met.

I'd like to dispute The issue here as i feel it will be taken under More consideration than in Feedback so i will dispute The ban. As far as I can see it is completely unmerited and is not something The community as a whole should have to deal with.

After dealing with The ban here my next course of action may be to bring The issue to Feedback regarding The issue of The mentioned mod,but as of now it's best to dispute The ban issue here.

cheers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I haven't tried to resolve This over pm though i will see to This as soon as possible to See if a resolution will be met.
    Once you have exchanged PMs with the banning mod, please let me know the outcome. If not resolved by PM, we can review your ban here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Black Swan wrote: »
    Once you have exchanged PMs with the banning mod, please let me know the outcome. If not resolved by PM, we can review your ban here.

I've just pm'd The mod there Cheers.

I've just pm'd The mod there Cheers.
    Me too. Thanks for the timely followup. As you may know, we are volunteers with outside lives. Your patience will be very much appreciated. In the mean time, have a nice weekend.

• Advertisement

Hi Celly Smunt. Your post that triggered the 3-day ban in the Weather forum (Snow the Winter) thread quoted here, which had been deleted:
    "Wait wait wait,what was This red carded for? because The poster questioned a mod?"

Weather forum Charter (the bold faced type and underline actually appears in the Charter):
    Trogdor wrote: »
    9. In-thread discussion of a moderator's actions, whether it's an action taken against you or another member is not permitted as it drags the discussion off topic - it almost always leads to a ban.

If you are unhappy with a moderator's actions then private message the moderator in question to query it. This should be your first port of call for any complaints you have about moderation.

If you remain unsatisfied with the answer you can take it up with a category moderator.
    Not sure what I can do for you here given that the Charter is very clear that such posts "almost always leads to a ban." There have been past bans in the Weather forum for discussing moderation in-thread, so this ban was not unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No reply for 2 weeks, marking as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement