Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod power abuse

Options
  • 19-12-2014 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭

Can I escalate an infraction, I have been defamed and abused personally, despite highlighting this to Mods it is being ignored, despite complying fully with a forum description and rules posting only on topic the Mods have made up false and silly reasons to stop me posting

Can you please advise

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Fattes wrote: »
    Can I escalate an infraction
    You may only appeal your infraction once you have discussed it with the mod who issued it and reached a position between you where you are unable to resolve the issue between you. Can you confirm whether you have gone down this route and reached an impasse with the mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Sadly Not beasty, the Mods, have acted in a way that is not in the interest of those viewing the forum, refused to deal with personal abuse, and childishly sanctioned my for no other reason than one plucked from thin air.

Despite flagging two separate posts for personal abuse no action has been taken

Can you please advise as I do think the mods actions are bordering on bullying or providing preferential treatment to certain posters, to the point where in communication between me and the mod, the mod actually personally attacked me and made statements about my intent that where wholly false and inaccurate. To the point where the mod attempted to tell me what I was saying rather than actually dealing with the fact that what I had posted was completely accurate, and I provided source links etc to support the same.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If you fail to follow the dispute process set out above why should I look at your appeal?

Well actually I have had a quick look. You were told not to post in a thread. You chose to ignore that warning and posted regardless. You both ignored the mod warning and questioned that warning in-thread. For ignoring that mod warning you were infracted. You then start a thread here without reading the instructions at the top of the forum (or alternatively choosing to ignore them). I point out you need to attempt to resolve your dispute directly with the mod before starting a thread here (as set out on those instructions). You decide to ignore my comments and progress your appeal regardless.

On what grounds do you expect me to show you some sympathy (as what I'm seeing so far does not suggest in any way that you may deserve any)?

With reference to your claims that certain mod actions are "bordering on bullying". This site takes any claims of bullying very seriously. Could you please forward to me via PM a link to any posts that youy believe support such a claim, or report any PMs for the Admins to deal with as they see fit.

Advertisement