Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Elder Scrolls

Options
  • 08-12-2014 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭

I was banned for 1 week from the Elder Scrolls. Just in case you are unaware it is a game discussion tread.

I have pm the mod Degrassinoel. And he said to come here so I'm assuming he is not going to pm any further.

Will post all quotes soon as I'm on a phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

This is my first pm from the mod.

Dear SterlingArcher,

You have been banned from Elder Scrolls for one week for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

degrassinoel

Moderator Note

multiple trolling attempts across various fora. This will end up being permanent if you don't cease and desist.

Your post: Quote: SterlingArcher

Quote: This Fat Girl Runs

Killed two dragons yesterday! All by myself!

Hope you teabagged them. I read one of the scrolls, It helps them rest in peace.

My reply to mods first pm.

Date: 08/12/2014 | 01:55

Are you serious? I was having banter with the op. I had posted earlier in the tread if you read through it. How is this trolling?

My second pm to mod. It was late so he/she was probably asleep.

Date: 08/12/2014 | 02:59

I really do not see how what I said was uncivil. Maybe at a dinner party at the white house yes.it was a discussion about a computer game.

I didn't curse , abuse , or say anything personal about anyone. unless I offended the dragon that was slain? He is dead why would he care.

This is really what warrants a 5 day ban. Suggesting someone teabag a dragon they killed in a computer game.

REPLY from mod. degrassinoel.

Date: 08/12/2014 | 11:02

You were being uncivil, you've a long history of trolling in the exact same fashion across various fora, you can read through the infraction again and make a dispute claim if you wish.

This is my last pm to mod. Don't know if it is relevant as they had said come here so it was clearly not being resolved over pm. But just for transparency.

Quoted from me, Sterlingarcher.

"Degrassinoel I have seen uncivil on boards.ie , anyone in their right mind could tell I was clearly joking with the op. The tread was not about a real life murder.

It was a game discussion , teabaggings take place in computer games for fun. Conquering foes.

And we are talking about this incident here the one you are banning me for. Saying the op should teabag a dragon on a computer game that we me the op and others were discussing.

Why do you feel the need to go through my past posts? That has nothing to do with this post you are banning me for. When you went through my past posts did you see 5 maybe 6 posts out of 1400 that someone disagreed with? Did you see the other thousand of me taking time out of my day to help someone make their computers and save money?

No really Noel I'm curious to how you judge someone's character. Considering you yourself not me ,brought up my past postings for no reason other than to justify banning me for something I said that even the person themselves ,the op in question that I was talking with found amusing"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hi SterlingArcher, one of us (Cmods) will review this as soon as possible & get back to you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Hi SterlingArcher, just letting you know that I am looking into this for you and an update will follow.

Hi SterlingArcher, just letting you know that I am looking into this for you and an update will follow.

Cheers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Hi SterlingArcher,

I have reviewed the thread and post and discussed it with the team. There was a simple misunderstanding when it came to that post so I have gone ahead and lifted the ban. I trust this resolves the situation.

Hi SterlingArcher,

I have reviewed the thread and post and discussed it with the team. There was a simple misunderstanding when it came to that post so I have gone ahead and lifted the ban. I trust this resolves the situation.

Merry Christmas.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement