Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4g mobile Broadband (signal)

Options
  • 23-11-2015 1:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

I live in a flat near Fairview Park. Just want to buy a payg wireless dongle for internet. How would I check whose signal is strongest ? I have a Tesco phone but they are still on 3 g but their signal is strong. I don't know enough people on 3, Vodafone etc to invite them over to check signal strength before I buy. Any Idea's ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Just one of the options( time consuming )
    Most mobile providers give 14 day cool off period. Try one by one and return with full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Just don't bother with 3, I've had nothing but trouble with their so-called 4G. However, I'm with Vodafone now and get constant good speeds over 5Mbps. Meteor also gives good speeds where I am (Donabate).

Vodafone PAYG is 3G only, you need to be bill-pay to avail of 4G on their network. Also check carefully about topping up, last time I checked you can't just top up if you reach your plan allowance on Meteor, you have to buy "day passes" until the 30 days are up before you can buy a full allowance again. With 3 and Vodafone you can just top up when your data runs out.

3 charge 25 Euro for 7.5GB, Vodafone charge 20 for the same amount.

Another option is to get a better data plan for your phone and use it as a Hotspot. Do a speed check and if the data rates are decent then perhaps that's the way to go ?

Ken

Advertisement