Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance

Options
  • 04-06-2008 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Im a bit nieve when it comes to insurance so i thought id ask..im a 22 year old male driving for 4 years,i have wanted an s3 since i can remember and now i can maybe afford it i thought id get some info on one. basically the only quote for insurance i could get was 3304 with a 4000 excess which is a tad much..considering it is a 1.8t with 225hp,i just wonder how i have seen so many younger guys out there driving way more powerful cars, how do they get insurance or do they just pay a huge price??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

I'm 19 and had quinn direct insuring me on a 170bhp 323ci on a full licence no problem - insurance is roughly 1500. The trick is to start with something small and force them to quote you on your new car - which you tell them is sitting outside your door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

just rang quinn, on provisional insurance on an sir del sol just for curiosity. they told me that they couldnt insure me on something over 125 brake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

A lot of the young lads you see in high-powered cars either have daddy paying for the insurance, or get garage insurance.

Off the top of my head, I know a 23 year old driving a 97 M3, a 25 year old in a 97 Impreza STi and a 24 year old in a 05 M5 convertible, all of whom have garage policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

Honey-ec wrote: »
    ...and a 24 year old in a 05 M5 convertible,
    I take it you mean a 05 M3 convertible?

fletch wrote: »
    I take it you mean a 05 M3 convertible?

Yep, typo - sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Well my insurance premium just went up by 50%, thats a 600euro increase.
    The reason they gave was because rates have gone up.

€1593
    Thats for a 23yo with full license and 2 years N.C.B. on a 98 1.6 VZR

Doodee wrote: »
    Well my insurance premium just went up by 50%, thats a 600euro increase.
    The reason they gave was because rates have gone up.

€1593
    Thats for a 23yo with full license and 2 years N.C.B. on a 98 1.6 VZR

That drives me mad - the risk you present hasn't changed at all.

My insurance stayed the exact same when I renewed in April. No decrease at all, but no increase either, so considering I had picked up 4 penalty points over the course of the year, I wasn't about to start ringing around looking for alternative quotes!

Advertisement