Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

file system support on B593s-22 USB

Options
  • 20-11-2015 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.
    Info needed about Huawei B593s-22:
    1. What file system formatted HDD it supports?
    2. What max capacity of HDD it supports?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Manual here.

According to that, FAT/FAT32, the specs of which would be here.

That USB port is only USB2.0. Not great if you're looking to pass large amounts of data. Might be better off with a small NAS connected, though it looks like the ports are only 10/100 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Thanks roast
    I did figure that out by now (tried both), even after 3Care texted me link <screenshots.portforward.com/routers/Huawei/B593/Server_Settings.htm> which states that NTFS is supported as well.
    I am trying to get use of Home Gateway Media Server(DLNA) which is one of the features supported, and speed ~5MBps is just about enough

Regards size - have 2 TB drive formatted FAT32 and it show up, but there is another mystery: on PC on mapped net. drive i can see all files and folders but on TV half of the folders/files won't show up. I know about file size, directory depth and name length limits but compare two files(.mp4) some appear and other won't. Did i miss something?
    By the way network drive in Windows (8.1 and 7) appear as NTFS ???? even do it is formatted FAT32 ?
    Any ideas?

Advertisement