Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear router

Options
  • 23-11-2015 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Apologies if not best place to ask, but I don't want to open new membership to some netgear forum to ask just one question.

I have ADSL internet with Technicolor modem. Then Netgear router with WAN port connected to Technicolor and LAN ports to clients PCs. Both on different IP scopes / subnets. I just realised I can ping / www access Technicolor from LAN network (clients PCs). Is it normal? Or just crap router? Or some router settings I missed? Router is cheap Netgear WNR device.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

To me sounds normal as you only ( i assume, unless there is another reason for it? ) extend/expand your internal network. Netgear WAN gets IP from Technicolor, so both devices aware of each other. In this setup you are facing double NAT. You could avoid it(2x NAT) by setting Netgear as AP.

Advertisement