Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Routing Website For Edge 810?

Options
  • 22-05-2015 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

I am looking for the best website to use to make touring routes for my Garmin Edge 810 with directions.

I download free Openbikemaps using DC Rainmaker's instructions. Which websites will give me turn-by-tuen directions?

I have used bikeroute toaster for breadcrumb routes with my old edge 500, will using this give my turn-by-turn directions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TripleMinor

I use www.ridewithgps.com

Best for mapping and easy to export files.
    Also gives much more detailed information when you upload your rides

Use a referral link when purchasing a Tesla and get free Supercharging KMs https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/stephen958732

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

i found this one to be very good for plotting the route

www.plotaroute.com

the only problem i've found with directions (this is with the edge 500) is that the prompts tend to happen too late. You've gone past the junction by the time it tells you to turn. Bikeroutetoaster is good in that you can add extra prompts to happen, say 50m before the turn but the map is small and not great for plotting the route. So I've taken to creating the map with plotaroute, then importing it to bikeroutetoaster and then exporting it again. Bit of a palaver I know but it's not something I'd need to do very often anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I use strava route planing.

Used to use RideWithGps, but found on number of occasions that the route was planned with disregard to the road surface - i.e telling me to go up Ticknock via MTB-specific trails...

Advertisement