Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro Stage 12

Options
  • 21-05-2015 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Looks like it's a game of who's gonna blink first on the Giro thread side of things. Don't have much spare time so all I can do is kickstart the thread, anyone looking to fill in the details can do so.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Gilbert to win today, he's been looking hungry and strong.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/giro-ditalia/stage-12/preview

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Aru wants pink today so expect some attacks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Matthews throwing his team under the bus there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Matthews throwing his team under the bus there.

What did he do?

Didn't Orica implode last year after the first week? They finished with 4 riders or something

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

godtabh wrote: »
    What did he do?

Didn't Orica implode last year after the first week? They finished with 4 riders or something

He was interviewed and was giving out that he wanted to ride for the stage but was told to work for Gerrans today. Didn'tseem happy at all, whwhich is strange because they seem like a very harmonious team.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Except for Bling Matthews. The rest of the team seem to be a well knitted group of riders who will work for each other but dont get that impression from him He has an ego (bigger than most pros!).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

31km left. Tinkoff-Saxo are really drilling it at the moment. The peloton are ahead of the fastest predicted time.

Jaysus this is steep.

I think if Contador attacked now then he would be able to drop the rest, but it's just too far out from the finish.

a bit of a wobble there!

• Advertisement

Simon Gerrans has crashed heavily on the descent with 22km to go.

There is some nuts FDJ rider out the front who is descending like a madman.

Sfef Clement and an unidentified Sky rider have gone off-road as well.

10km left. Pellizotti has a 16 second lead over a reduced peloton.

Brian? wrote: »

Mystic Brian?

Great win for Gilbert. I'm delighted.

2nd place for Bertie. Aru is fcuked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Hmmmm..............interesting finish with Aru struggling a little!
    Brilliant for my velogames team tho :D

Why didn't I put money on it !!

they/them/theirs

The 12 days of high intensity is catching up. Porte didnt look good either

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Sandwell

Poor Aru. Must be the after-effects of the dysentery.

I thought Porte didn't look good some days

For me SKY look lack lustre as if they did all their amasing work in spring...Nieve & Kiriyenka not as strong as usual ...not sure about Konig....he is following wheels alright but never riding near Porte ...(none of the team seem to be on the climbs)

Uran for a big comeback onto the podium ...hope so

Contador has a history here, his form tends to hold up better than anyone over 3 weeks. He's never lost a Grand Tour he started well, only those he's started badly like the 2013 tour.

It should be noted that his biological passport is pretty special. He has a naturally very high red blood cell count. This has to be a factor over 3 weeks.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Contador has a history here, his form tends to hold up better than anyone over 3 weeks. He's never lost a Grand Tour he started well, only those he's started badly like the 2013 tour.

It should be noted that his biological passport is pretty special. He has a naturally very high red blood cell count. This has to be a factor over 3 weeks.

Yeah...so many things in being good in a GT not just climbing ability...including powers of recovery

That is why I think riders like Uran , JVdB & Ryder H will come up the leader board in the last part while others drop down

Contador is blessed with amasing physical attributes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

A thing he & Nibali seem to have in common is bodies that are indifferent to extremes of weather conditions, be it heat, cold or wet.

Aru is on a serious downward spiral and looks completely cooked. If he was a boxer.... any sort of decent punch would knock him out.

He could lose a serious amount of time in the ITT and the mountain-top finish this weekend.

Porte is weird. He doesn't look like he is struggling physically as much as Aru, but today he was hanging really far back on the climbs. There was Contador and Kreuziger/Rogers up front, then Aru with a couple of team mates, then a few Movistar riders and a couple of guys from other teams, AND then Porte. When BMC put the hammer down in the final kilometre, he was always going to lose time to Contador because of the distance that he was behind him :confused:

This is worth a watch if you haven't seen it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He was brutal wasn't he, although that's easily said from an armchair, or a bed in my case.

Kelly called him out on it from the beginning too.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    He was brutal wasn't he, although that's easily said from an armchair, or a bed in my case.

Kelly called him out on it from the beginning too.

It took the rider himself a good while to realise that he was brutal though. I don't know how he didn't manage to completely lamp himself :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

This is worth a watch if you haven't seen it :D

Tired mind, if I'd done 12 days of GT riding I'd be on my butt too!

Advertisement