Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung NC10 Battery Problem

Options
  • 27-11-2011 3:52pm

I love my little Nc10 but last thursday, I had it on my desk running off battery power. Suddenly I heard the sound of it losing it is power. I tried to turn it on but it wouldn't turn on on battery power I plugged it in and it turned on fine but it won't run on battery.

The red light is on to show that the battery is charging but the battery isn't charging and has stayed constant at 86% charged since I first turned it on. I don't know anyone with the same model so I can't try their battery. I tried running the smart battery calibration in bios but it will only work if the computer is unplugged but as it won't run on battery I can't do this.

Has this happened to anyone else? Did replacing the battery fix it or is it something else?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mrquiteaguy

Hi NellyBellyJelly,

Not a fix but perhaps can tell you if your battery is working or not.

Download BattStat from this sitehttp://users.rcn.com/tmtalpey/BattStat/

Run it on battery power only.
    Let the program run for a while and see if the pink "Power" number is changing.

If it is,you are drawing power from your battery,
    if it isnt changing,well,there is something wrong with your battery I would imagine.

Also click on "Batteries" up on top and see if Status says "Discharging"

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hellen0102

I am having this exact same problem. Have you found a fix. I have tried everything and no one seems to have a solution. it drives me crazy!

Advertisement