Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Support your town

• 23-12-2011 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Iv seen a lot of posts on here with Dubs hating culchies and vice versa but what do you actually like about your home town.... i would say county but we have Drogheda and i cant defend the place....

So im from Dundalk, i like the fact that we have a load of pubs, we have great roads to Dublin and Belfast, great educational facilities and a lot of easy women haha

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I like the fact mine doesn't have people from Louth.:pac:

No seriously, it's the accent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

louthguy25 wrote: »
    Iv seen a lot of posts on here with Dubs hating culchies and vice versa but what do you actually like about your home town.... i would say county but we have Drogheda and i cant defend the place....

So im from Dundalk, i like the fact that we have a load of pubs, we have great roads to Dublin and Belfast, great educational facilities and a lot of easy women haha

...But then... you are Dundalk!

Bummer! Hate that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

By town do you mean dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,659 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The twon I live in or the twon I come from? The liberalism and the weather respectively.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I like the fact my town is so protestant in a sea of unwashed natives.

For God and Ulster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

It kind of grates on me that Portlaoise people talk of "the town", meaning Portlaoise, as though Portarlington, Mountmellick, Abbeyleix, Stradbally, Mountrath, Rathdowney, etc., etc. didn't exist.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    It kind of grates on me that Portlaoise people talk of "the town", meaning Portlaoise, as though Portarlington, Mountmellick, Abbeyleix, Stradbally, Mountrath, Rathdowney, etc., etc. didn't exist.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Its the same in every county though.

Its just because its the biggest town.

I'll let this thread go if its not turned into a Dublin v the rest of the country load of sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

John Doe1 wrote: »

For God and Ulster

You mean Irish Catholics right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

You mean Irish Catholics right?

nah belgian zoroastrians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Tullamore, my excuse for not going out there was there was no gay bar- now apparently one has a gay night, I thought I saw Mary Coughlan (former TD) at it, but it was just Brian Cowen in Drag.

Still hate the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bwatson

You know your town has problems when one of four positives you can come up with is the road out!

bwatson wrote: »
    You know your town has problems when one of four positives you can come up with is the road out!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

i noticed that too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Pin_Cushion

efb wrote: »
    Tullamore, my excuse for not going out there was there was no gay bar- now apparently one has a gay night, I thought I saw Mary Coughlan (former TD) at it, but it was just Brian Cowen in Drag.

Still hate the place.

I quite like Tullamore, I live in Athlone and I like that a lot too. That's not judging them on the "going out" scene though as I don't bother with that anymore.

Both places are great in terms of shops and location IMO. Very easy to get around both on foot or in a car too. If you're bored of either you can be in Dublin or Galway in an hour on good roads. I think this part of the country is under-appreciated by the people that live in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Jump up and down for the Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

John Doe1 wrote: »

For God and Ulster
    Raphoe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,659 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You may need to take advantage of their excellent education facilites - two fo the four things were roads! :D:D

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

You may need to take advantage of their excellent education facilites - two fo the four things were roads! :D:D
    Oh the ironing.

Its the same in every county though.

Its just because its the biggest town.

Actually the population of Drogheda I believe is now bigger and has been for some time.
    That said, in all honestly, all towns have good and bad points - but we all know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

What are the great education facilities?

• Advertisement

Del2005 wrote: »
    What are the great education facilities?

http://ww2.dkit.ie/

An impressive set-up indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Biggins wrote: »

whats the second world war got to do with it?

LOL

DOH! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Ba dum tish

Biggins wrote: »

They stuck them everywhere when we had other people's money to burn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

It's actually been around for 40 years.

Are they all over da 'town' ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭IcedOut

Theres towns in Laois now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

And not to forget Ballycuntybollocks.

• Advertisement

pconn062 wrote: »
    It's actually been around for 40 years.

Did we ever have our own money to burn? Most of the decent stuff in this country has big blue signs on them.

Advertisement