Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD Connect - OSX Yosemite

Options
  • 21-10-2014 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭

How long does it typically take for a new version of OSX to be allowed connect to the college network?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭AndrewJD

I've been running the beta for 7 weeks now and connecting all the way along with no special effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

They claimed the last OS X wouldn't connect to the College network for a few weeks. I was able to connect as soon as I downloaded it (a few days after release) and a full month before ISS announced it was supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

I gets Failed tests message from TCD Connect when trying to use TCDWifi: "Operating System:: OS X 10.9 Mavericks"

Were you both on the network before upgrading to Yosemite?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I was. Normally ISS claim an OS is not supported because they have to work out some minor security/risk issues, but I've always been able to connect straight away.

Some areas around College are pretty bad for connecting to the network for the first time. Hamilton library in my JF year was horrific (and it was also bad in my SF year too), I spent the best part of two hours wondering what I was doing wrong, and then it connected with no issues in the lecture theatre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Just upgraded and it's working as normal

I believe it's working for you because your mac address was already authenticated. I'm directed to install an application called Bradford Dissolvable agent and it fails it's check saying my operating system version is not allowed. I upgraded before joining the network for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Happened to me yesterday too. IS Services hates its users, I've determined

Advertisement