Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evening Java Course in Limerick

Options
  • 01-12-2010 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

hey guys, well as the title says, Im a first yr student in UL, Java is one of my modules,
    Thing is Ive fallen behind a good bit, but im willing to pull it back, I dont mind having to pay for a course, any body know of anything local I could attend, outside of college times !!

thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 351 ✭✭ron_darrell

Not that I know of. However, the ICT centre in UL has free daily drop-in sessions where students can drop in to get help with Java. Have you called into them?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JavaBeans

Ya have been there, don't find them any good,
    I need a proper course and start from scratch, so an evening course would suit me better I feel.

Thanks for reply tho

When you say you didn't find them any good, what do you mean exactly? I haven't been there for help myself, but several of my classmates and friends have and found the service excellent.

With respect, I didn't create a thread to discuss my experiences in the UL ICT,
    I dont really care how your friends found it !

Im looking for an evening course outside of college times to help me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

With respect, I didn't create a thread to discuss my experiences in the UL ICT,

but maybe if you explained what was wrong with UL ICT someone could recommend an appropriate course based on your feedback?

Have you tried any online tutorials?

What are you finding difficult ? The Java syntax, Programming Concepts, Compiling etc?

I didn't to to UL but most Universities have lab/tutorials where Post Grads explain the concepts and provide help.

Have you gone to any of these?

• Advertisement

jeez why are you dragging this OT, this why i left boards long ago...

all i want to know, does anybody know of any evening courses run in limerick city, outside of class time !! google isnt much help

yay, or nai !

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

I did a web design course in Senior College 2 years ago, it was terrible but AFAIK there was a introduction to programming course there which IIRC featured Java

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭techguy

How much are you willing to spend on a course.. a full blown Java course could cost anything from a couple of hundred to couple of grand.

Is the Java module concentrating on just Java or is it teaching you fundamentals such as loops, functions and if statements.

You probably only need a hand full of grinds to get you back on track.

Probably best to have a think about what exactly it is you are finding difficult then put up a few notices around UL.

Most comp sci students should be able to help you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mid

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mac_needHelp

Hi need help finding a night java course in limerick, currently in UL and cant understand the lectures in class, need to find help asap, does any one know where you can start find help with java from the basic on wards.
    Needs to be an evening course after 7

• Advertisement

I found this site online and it's really helpful. Lots of little exercise that build up from the basics to more complicated concepts. It might be useful.

http://www.codingbat.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Hi need help finding a night java course in limerick, currently in UL and cant understand the lectures in class, need to find help asap, does any one know where you can start find help with java from the basic on wards.

What are you having difficulty with exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mac_needHelp

Thanks ron

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Buy a copy of Head First Java and it'll give you a great intro to Java. Seriously wish someone had suggested it back when I started college.

Advertisement