Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me with my smoke alarm before I bulldoze the whole house

Options
  • 07-09-2013 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

Guys, absolutely strung out here.

Have an ei smoke alarm, unsure of model (it's a square one anyway) beeping every 40 odd seconds not in sync with a red light flash. Also doesn't seem to be a battery inside and nothing to unscrew as far as I can see. Bar the black circle bit which I assume detects the smoke.

Alarm lad was only around replacing the main house alarm battery yesterday and with today being Saturday I can't get a hold of him.

Can anyone get to the bottom of this? I read it means the battery needs replacing but sure I can't fecking find one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

The alarm started sounding its full on mating call at top volume. Ended up cutting one of the wires and killing the bugger.

Still can't find the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Might not have a battery, if its wired to the alarm,

Anyway did you put out the fire?.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Some newer houses have a mains smoke alarm with 9v battery backup...if the battery is missing or very low it will chirp

There was a mains supply to alarm but NO battery. unless i uncrew the black thing that says its radioactive which i imagine is responsible for detecting the smoke (?), there is nowhere a battery could be?

Are these batteries small like watch batteries?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

I suggest you post a photo of the unit showing an internal view.

• Advertisement

i ended up cutting the red wire to **** it up as the alarm company are back out on monday to fix something else so ill ask him to fix it for me.

can you not say shut it up?

i see whats happened here.

Advertisement