Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IE8 Problems

Options
  • 15-07-2009 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

I started using IE8 yesterday and I'm having problems with it. I keep getting a message

"Internet Explorer is currently running with add-ons disabled.Click here to manage, disable or remove your add-ons."

Now when I "Click here..." everything reads as "enabled.." so I have no idea what the error is. Can anyone help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

gears wrote: »
    I started using IE8 yesterday.

thats the major error ;)

do yourself a favour dump that bloated pos and install either Firefox or Opera and your browsing life will be so much better

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Hmmm you may be right. What do I need to do, uninstall IE8 or just install one of the others anD work away?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭LowOdour

gears wrote: »
    Hmmm you may be right. What do I need to do, uninstall IE8 or just install one of the others anD work away?
    Yeah, you can have as many different type of browser as you wish.

As for the IE8 issue, in the Show drop-down list have you All Add-ons selected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

that error happens if you launch ie8 with the wrong shortcut, see if can find another ie8 link on your startmenu-all programs

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

mukki wrote: »
    that error happens if you launch ie8 with the wrong shortcut, see if can find another ie8 link on your startmenu-all programs

Wrong shortcut.. When I turn on the pc I usually just log in to Windows messenger and then open up the new emails from that andit was always fine.

As for the shortcut it seems to be the same one as always should it be different fro IE8 ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement