Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of Driving Rosslare - Fishguard - Cardiff, Advice needed Please!

Options
  • 03-10-2007 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

Just need some advice if anyone has taken this track before, for the HC final last year or something! Ryanair are too expensive to fly to bristol now and dont really wana travel for a hours on a train from holyhead!

Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

My Dad's family are from just outside Neath, about an hours drive from Cardiff. We live in Dublin. Anytime we're travelling to Wales we'd drive to Rosslare and then drive from Fishguard. It splits the driving up nicely as you get to sit around on a boat after 2 and a half hours driving to Rosslare, and then you'd have another 3 or so hours driving to Cardiff.

However if you think the ryanair flights are expensive I'd suggest having a look at the ferry prices. Anytime I've thought of going over for the weekend with some friends the price has always put me off. Rosslare's your best bet for getting to South Wales though. The trip down from Holyhead is just too much. Tried it once, never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

www.theaa.com is your friend, check out their route planner

Advertisement