Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sack o' Sullivan and The Goons that extended his Contract

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭chicoben

brianw wrote:
    and as for that bandwagon jumpin bunch of jester hat wearin oireland knobs in stade de france. sittin in some bistro enjoyin the wine by now

oireland knobs? at least i went to the match and supported the team, even after we were getting trounced. stereotyping all the supporters that went to the match? I was one of 4 people from coolock at the match, we do not say oirland, or roysh nor can we afford to eat in french bistros.

I wonder what goes through eddies mind before these press conferences, i mean you can actually predict what he's gonna say. terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jimd2

chicoben wrote:
    oireland knobs? at least i went to the match and supported the team, even after we were getting trounced. stereotyping all the supporters that went to the match? I was one of 4 people from coolock at the match, we do not say oirland, or roysh nor can we afford to eat in french bistros.

I wonder what goes through eddies mind before these press conferences, i mean you can actually predict what he's gonna say. terrible.

Eddie seems to have lost the confidence of the players and doesnt seem to be able to handle the pressure of the world cup.

Unless there is a miracle over the next few weeks he should go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭dixiefly

The time for Eddie to go is now. There is no way he will do the honourable thing and resign - it would cost him too much. They say that a leopard wont change his spots and Eddie wont change his approach. Under him we might get the odd triple crown but he has proven that he cannot a very talented team to the next level so why persist with him?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Eddie O'Sullivan needs to stop behaving like a spoilt child. His preferred targets seem to be referees and increasingly the media. It doesn't seem to occur to him that we just did a bad job. Players played bad rugby - simple as that. Simple fitness in yesterday's game wasn't inspirational - we were being milled in every tackle by the argentinians.

Seen as the rumors about some players pre-Bordeaux are a no-go here, all I will say is that O'Sullivan should have removed anybody from the squad whose mind wasn't 100% focused on the game at hand for whatever reason. Giving an interview to the press like O'Gara did in the wake of their awful games in Bordeaux should have earned him a boot from the squad - for time wasting and distraction. We have a lame duck manager who won't do this to his pets. O'Gara was no asset to us in the past few games and should have been sent home to cool off. However he seemingly is in EOS's good books so that won't happen.

George Hook made a pretty convincing argument for EOS to be shown the door I thought on Newstalk yesterday post-game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Both players and management are an embarrassment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

I know so many are taking the moral highground here and saying these "rumours" are scandalous and we should concentrate on rugby but I'm sorry. We fans financed this whole expedition and they're playing as representatives of Ireland so I want to know what went on here. Someone compared this to Brazil's performance in the 98 Football World cup final.

I'm not a curtain twitcher or a gossip but I simply want an explanation. If anyone says once more that we "forced the game" or "you can't legislate for individual errors" I'll farking kill them.

EOS needs to be held accountable for not managing these players correctly, if there were fallings out and if certain people were distracted or mentally not right it was up to the boss to manage this situation.

For christ sake he just had no answers when the wheels started to come off. He still doesn't. I want honesty here I don't want any more spin. He doesn't have to go into the sordid details but if he admitted ROG has personal problems at least that would explain that. I think we deserve an explanation and if he's not willing to give one I think we would be right to call for his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Red Alert wrote:
    George Hook made a pretty convincing argument for EOS to be shown the door I thought on Newstalk yesterday post-game.

SOLUTION TO THE IRISH TEAMS PROBLEM AND HOW TO SOLVE IT!!!

We get George Hook to say what to change and then do the exact opposite so therefor its bound to work!

Advertisement