Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sack o' Sullivan and The Goons that extended his Contract

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Oh Gatland please come back we regret what we did we truly do!

Don't lose the run of yurself altogther there. Things r that bad at all that we need that waster back. I took him ages to actually play any of the munster lads when they were at their height

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

kenmc wrote:
    Really? Or is this a translation of 'Trimble was blind'? Where the fcuk was he for the first try? I thought he was woeful. Even the feckin REF managed to take him out.
    Reddan played a class game.
    D'arcy was missing - don't think I saw him all game.
    Why was o'connell carded? for not catching the ball in the lineout or something? bizarre. Ref did us no favours whatsoever.... can't stand him, never could.

i think it was for consistently coming in from the side when rucks had been formed.
    is it possible the French are just a better side rather than irish players not performing? it seems to me that in this case the stats don't lie: one victory in Paris over the last 30 years.
    The reason Darcy didn't shine was because he living off meagre possession and anytime he did get the ball, it was usually slow ball, and as a consequence the French defence was waiting for him.
    Rugby matches are determined by who wins the forward battle. yes you can point to o gara's state of mind but even the best fly half in the world won't change the outcome when your line out implodes and your forwards are shunted backwards in open play. When this happens it means possession to the back line will be slow and the backline will lack fluidity as a result. It also makes it easier for the opposing team to defend. France with their superior strength in the forwards were able to make yardage, suck in irish defenders and recycle quick ball and get the backline going. Ireland were not able to do this.
    What encapsulated France's physical superiority for me was when they shunted Ireland back when they got close to the French line in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

kenmc wrote:
    Really? Or is this a translation of 'Trimble was blind'? Where the fcuk was he for the first try? I thought he was woeful. Even the feckin REF managed to take him out.

Leamy was class too !!

and Greedie O'Sullivan is also the best coach in the world bar none

Easterby was rubbish ... whats wrong with a bit of sarcasm ?

seriously -- agree regarding D'Arcy , he was rubbish tonight , he relly blows hot and cold , lacks the consistency of O'Driscoll ---

one good thing to come out , there mugs won't be splattered all over the media advertising different wares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dantes74

no doubt but we have been far playing well below par so far in this world but surely it gonna all click any time soon and that will be against argentina ....right???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

So why would anyone expect this team to do well when all they have done is win triple crowns against poor opposition.

Because we beat the Aussies and a Second String Springbok team in two friendlies, at home, a year ago.

Overhyped beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I said it in a different thread but I wonder if/when New Zealand bottle it will Graham Henry be looking for a job then the IRFU better find a loophole in EOS's contract.

You might say anyone can coach the All Blacks because they're the All Blacks but if that was the case teams wouldn't have coaches.
    I don't care if you dislike Henry he'd do a better job with the players we have than EOS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

There's no chance O'Sullivan has signed a contract with a performance clause. He far too clever for that. If he's going, he gonna be given a hefty redundancy package!

So, we are stuck with him.....for now.

Graham Henry wouldn't be bad.....

Just no Declan Kidney!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Yes, but with 4 tries? No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭RugBeir

yeah, I agree whole heartedly - sack him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

*waits for some angry teenager to start online fire EOS petition*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭paulie.walnuts

Remember Lens 1999 against argentina :o

Remember 2007 against Namibia & Georgia?
    Would bring a tear to your eye........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Graham Henry wouldn't be bad.....

but he did absolutely fu&k all with Wales.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

i don't want ireland to beat argentina, because quite frankly they don't deserve to be in quarter finals of the WC.

hopefully this will result in the sacking of EOS, he sucking the creativity and confidence out of this team and must go before it gets worse

Mmmmm.
    Loss to Scotland was a “blip”, what should have been a loss to Italy was another “blip”.
    Then followed two woeful performances against Namibia and Georgia’s second string. Which were “blips” by the way with a real performance to come.
    Then we managed the princely sum of three points in 80 mins on a French team shook by a loss to the Argentinians.
    We’re going to click against the Argentinians, and put four tries on them in a weeks time?
    We need to start getting real. It’s not going to happen. Believe me, I truly wish it was and maybe it will.
    Texted the old man an hour before the game and he was predicting the Irish by three, I went for the French by 20 as it was a nice round number.
    He knows a lot more about Irish Rugby than I do (not hard) and is passionate about it. He was letting his heart rule his head and ignoring the cold facts. Can you imagine this Ireland team playing the All Blacks if they did cause a serious upset, you’re talking cricket score territory there if you’re honest with yourself about it.

All that aside …

COME ON LADS PUT IT UP TO THE ARGIES !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

I'm so disillusioned at the moment, I tend to agree with philstar.. we don't deserve to make it to the quarters..

Haven't even got the heart or motivation to figure out what combinations are needed for us to make it through..

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Yes, but with 4 tries? No.

dont forget the +7 points

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

dantes74 wrote:
    no doubt but we have been far playing well below par so far in this world but surely it gonna all click any time soon and that will be against argentina ....right???

No, I dont think we can win this game. The 'golden era' is already over. This team is shattered with no ideas left and little motivation at this stage. They are aimless and finished as a unit. BTW most of us here knew that long before the WC began.

I'm so disillusioned

We all are mate. This reminds me of the unfulfilled promise of Saipan or am I just opening up old wounds there. Yeah I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭RugBeir

We all are mate. This reminds me of the unfulfilled promise of Saipan or am I just opening up old wounds there. Yeah I am.

We got out of our group in Saipan - no chance of that here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This reminds me of The Black Knight sketch in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9HrinSGOvs

Ireland have no limbs left.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Wouldn't it be ironic if we made it to the quarters, beat NZ and went on to win this thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

obl wrote:
    Wouldn't it be ironic if we made it to the quarters, beat NZ and went on to win this thing?

I don't think ironic is the word,.....how about unbelievable, miraculous or staggering, because if we somehow get into the QF and meet New Zeland playing anything like we've played so far, we could be set for a real thumping.

For to win it, we'd most likely need to beat in consecutive games: Argentina, then New Zealand, then probably Australia in the Semi Final and probably South Africa in the Final. :eek:

heyjude wrote:

For to win it, we'd most likely need to beat in consecutive games: Argentina, then New Zealand, then probably Australia in the Semi Final and probably South Africa in the Final. :eek:

prehaps the 4 best performing teams in the WC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

dantes74 wrote:

If just one or two players were playing below form, then we could have some confidence, but you'd struggle to name too many players in the team, that could say that they've never played better for Ireland. Its been a story of poor performances throughout the team, which means the team goes into the Argentina game very low on confidence. Having said that if the backs were lighting the place up, O'Gara was kicking great and we just needed to win by 20pts, then you might fancy us, but 4 tries, thats a killer. Argentina will try and choke the game, slow down the ball and conceed kickable penalties to avoid try scoring opportunities, they don't need to win, they don't even need to worry if O'Gara kicks 20 penalties, they just need to soak up the pressure and make sure we don't get 2/3 tries in the first half. They also know alternatively that they can afford to conceed 4 tries, so long as they stay within 7pts and get the bonus point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭TheJesusWarrant

Argentina have a better defense than France.
    We might beat them, but we won't get 4 tries.

you never know, france might lose their last game, then its just a case us winning next sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

GDM wrote:
    *waits for some angry teenager to start online fire EOS petition*

they already have one up over on the munsterfans.com forum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

So this is my understanding of things.. assuming Argentina get the bonus against a second string Namibia side (which isn't stretching the realms of probabilty)..

We need to beat Argentina by more than 7 points - score 4 tries and limit them to less than 4 tries.. then we'll progress..

:(

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There might be 4 tries in the Ireland-Argentina game but I'm guessing the majority of them wont be for Ireland. :(

DeV.

Advertisement