Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Rebels Super Bowl Party 2015

• 15-01-2015 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

As with previous Dublin Rebels Super Bowl parties, we're offering a little something extra for boardsies - free beer! There's a free bottle of beer for the first 50 tickets purchased via boards.ie. To get your ticket, use this link (this isn't publicly visible). There's also free beer for the first 50-100 people to arrive, so you can double-up by getting there early :)

Tickets cost €10 + €1 booking fee.

This year, the party is in the Odeon on Harcourt Street. The past couple of years in Harry's on the Green were great events but there was such demand for tickets that we decided to move to a bigger venue. The Odeon's capacity is about 50% bigger than Harry's - we want to let more people in but we're also conscious that having a bit of extra space allows everyone to watch the game in comfort, get served at the bar a bit quicker etc. The Odeon's size and layout makes it a pretty sweet venue for this sort of thing.

We're working on the AV setup, hoping to get HD screens everywhere etc. I'll update this thread as we have details on this and anything else (drinks promotions, food etc).

Here's the official blurb on the event:
    It's that time of year again..... The NFL Super Bowl XLIX!
    The Super Bowl returns to Arizona, as the NFL stages its 3rd Super Bowl in Phoenix at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, on February 1, 2015.
    Dublin’s longest running American Football Club, the Dublin Rebels, are delighted to announce our own exclusive Super Bowl XLIX Party. Already well known and regarded as the original and best Super Bowl party in Dublin, we have teamed up with what is arguably one of the city's finest venues - the stunning and outstanding ODEON on Harcourt Street to bring you something truly sensational.
    This amazing venue will be transformed into a digital hub of AV multimedia with the Bowl being shown live on a truck load of HD TV screens including a giant screen of course. The ODEON will of course be serving food throughout the night with drinks promotions also available, guaranteed to deliver that NFL experience.
    And of course, let’s not forget the very famous and sexy Dublin Rebels Cheerleaders, who will be there on the night doing their thing, except this year, they’re bringing the full squad!!
    The tailgate party kicks off at 8pm with DJ Sean Harley.
    For larger groups of 8 or more please contact us on superbowl@dublinrebels.com for information on our corporate packages. Superbowl 2015
    TICKETS ARE LIMITED SO GET THEM EARLY
    Ticket price is €10 plus booking fee. As this is a fund raising event, all ticket proceeds go to supporting the Dublin Rebels in our 2015 season, so a massive thank you from everyone at the Dublin Rebels. All ticket holders will be placed into a draw to win an official Dublin Rebels jersey at half-time, amongst other prizes.
    As with every year, this is a sell-out event and admission is strictly by ticket only. There will be no tickets available at the door on the night so book now to avoid disappointment.
    Over 18s - ROAR by the venue management - Tickets are non-refundable
    Please note when you book your tickets online, after a short processing period you will receive an email with your tickets in PDF format. You will need to print off your ticket and bring it with you to gain access to the event. If you have not received your tickets within 24 hours of booking, please check your spam / junk folder. Entry to the venue from 8pm to 10pm only.
    If you experience any problems receiving your tickets email superbowl@dublinrebels.com.
    For more information on our club see our website @ www.dublinrebels.com or on Facebook @ facebook.com/dublinrebels

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lothaar v2

Actually... just confirmed: the first 250 people through the door will get a free beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

I think I should get a free beer anyway as I've talked four friends into going :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

This sounds great, will let my NFL mates know and will hopefully get us all signed up :D

Update: There will be free food! the Odeon will be putting on platters for half time. Probably not enough to put you off the post-Bowl kebab, but still... free food :)

Free bucket of beer if you post the exact score of the Pats-Colts game here by halftime: https://www.facebook.com/dublinrebels/photos/a.222442861212973.1073741825.154182734705653/292635334193725/?type=1

• Advertisement

I just got some details on the AV setup for the night. Still some things to be sorted, but I can confirm that we'll have:

- 20+ HD TVs throughout the Odeon, with the exact layout still to be decided
    - Four 6-foot high projector screens
    - One 14-foot x 8-foot screen near the main bar
    - Maybe more...

We're aiming to create a setup that will give a great view of the game from any vantage point in the venue, whether you're ordering a drink or turning to chat to your mates. As football fans ourselves, we're concerned with being able to watch the game, first and foremost!

Don't forget: There's a free bottle of beer for the first 50 tickets purchased via boards.ie. To get your ticket, use this link (this isn't publicly visible).

And:

428920_157535094370417_544203895_n.jpg?oh=35fe883240c85bb5dd6a79b70353b48a&oe=552A17C0&__gda__=1432027518_760f06514f8f57722bd8f49995db6e65

Food/Drink Update:

I can confirm that there'll be pitchers for €15 and ice-buckets of bottled beer for €20.

More importantly... there'll be burgers and hot dogs :)

Burgers - €5
    Hot dogs - €4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,435 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Tickets bought, washed the Teddy Bruschi jersey last night, 5 days to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Seniorpeazel

Lothaar v2 wrote: »
    Food/Drink Update:

I can confirm that there'll be pitchers for €15 and ice-buckets of bottled beer for €20.

More importantly... there'll be burgers and hot dogs :)

Burgers - €5
    Hot dogs - €4

Will those cheerleaders be there???

Those two were at a couple of Superbowl parties - don't think they'll be in the crew this year. But don't worry... the cheerleaders will be lovely girls ;)

• Advertisement

Those two were at a couple of Superbowl parties - don't think they'll be in the crew this year. But don't worry... the cheerleaders will be lovely girls ;)

So ther will be cheerleaders on the curriculum ;-)

Yep, definitely. They'll be knocking around for a few hours, chatting, messing and taking photos. There's usually some performance too, either dancing on the bar, tables or a stage. It's different every year. There are a few photo albums here that will give you an idea of what to expect.

We're expecting to sell out of tickets by 3pm today at the latest. There are only a few tickets left (somewhere between 20 and 50) and, at the rate they're selling, they'll be gone in a few hours.

Last chance! Click here to get your ticket.

Yep, definitely. They'll be knocking around for a few hours, chatting, messing and taking photos. There's usually some performance too, either dancing on the bar, tables or a stage. It's different every year. There are a few photo albums here that will give you an idea of what to expect.

Can i expect that old guy that plays QB for the team? He's gas when he gets a few drinks on him. Was there last year in Harry's and he was hilarious!

old

:'(

:'(

Its ok... He's my MVP of the night... thats what he said to me... "Paulish, You're my MVP of tonight" Such a nice guy.

... aaaand we're sold out. Thanks to everyone who bought a ticket. Looking forward to a fantastic night now!

And to anyone who hasn't decided where they're going, I urge you to check out some of the other events being hosted by Dublin teams - it's an amateur (and expensive) sport and money raised becomes the club's lifeblood for the season, rather than adding to a publican's profits. Pale imitations of the Rebels' party, obviously, but still worth a punt ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Guys, anyone know what other parties are happening elsewhere? Himself is raging he never got around to getting tickets for the Rebel's party and now it's sold out :( We've only ever gone to the Rebel's parties so not sure what else goes on in town.

Guys, anyone know what other parties are happening elsewhere? Himself is raging he never got around to getting tickets for the Rebel's party and now it's sold out :( We've only ever gone to the Rebel's parties so not sure what else goes on in town.

Hey Deb, I saw that the Rebels have a waitinglist which you could sign up to (just incase)
    My recommendation would be to have a look at other IAFL teams. These lads generally use the ticket sales as a fundraiser for their clubs as Football is quite an expensive sport.

I believe Sinnotts are hosted by the Panthers. Maybe check that out?

Hey Deb, I saw that the Rebels have a waitinglist which you could sign up to (just incase)
    My recommendation would be to have a look at other IAFL teams. These lads generally use the ticket sales as a fundraiser for their clubs as Football is quite an expensive sport.

I believe Sinnotts are hosted by the Panthers. Maybe check that out?

Thanks for that Seniorpeazel.

Saw that alright re the waiting list, wasn't sure how it works though or what the likelihood would be of getting a ticket once you were one it. Just wanted to get something booked in case other places sell out too!!

Had a look there and the Panther's party in Sinnots is free entry. Strange, you'd think there'd be some kind of cover charge to try and raise some funds for themselves... Will probably head to that one so. I like Sinnots for watching a match.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Seniorpeazel.

Saw that alright re the waiting list, wasn't sure how it works though or what the likelihood would be of getting a ticket once you were one it. Just wanted to get something booked in case other places sell out too!!

Had a look there and the Panther's party in Sinnots is free entry. Strange, you'd think there'd be some kind of cover charge to try and raise some funds for themselves... Will probably head to that one so. I like Sinnots for watching a match.

I would imagine they may have some form of fundraising on the night?
    I think Sinnotts is also a main sponsor for them.

I have been keeping my eye on the Rebels facebook and twitter to see if anything opens up. Have a few friend wanting to go but left it too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Deeekmxnam

Desperate for 1 ticket, my mates are going and I let it too late😩 please someone help me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

No numbers unless you want to be spammed to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Not much of a "party" venue but I was surprised to see Superbowl night posters in the Boar's Head last night. It's a great little boozer and they'll probably throw out free finger food.

I'd be worried any venues not doing proper parties might close before the game is even over. Pretty sure that happened when we were watching it out one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 brenm2

Very disappointed to find there were no seats at the Odeon. Actually there were seats but they were all reserved. We've just left as we don't think it's fair to leave us standing for five or six hours. Watching the game in the bleeding horse now where there are seats and it didn't cost anything to get in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,435 ✭✭✭Shedite27

brenm2 wrote: »
    Very disappointed to find there were no seats at the Odeon. Actually there were seats but they were all reserved. We've just left as we don't think it's fair to leave us standing for five or six hours. Watching the game in the bleeding horse now where there are seats and it didn't cost anything to get in
    Yup, very bull**** move by the organizers. Basically, we pay to stand around and watch a group of mates sit and watch the game. Won't be doing it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Was undoubtedly a very successful fundraiser for the rebels, however paying an extra €10 for a seat was a rip off.

Also, next year, how about doing a deal with a beer company that doesnt sell piss? Didn't appreciate not having a choice of beer.

With the rise in popularity of the parties, I think next year if there's not changes, we're going to go elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Great game and another great night but couple of points for next year..

- please can it be shown in HD
    - Coors light only across the bars was not welcome
    - Half time food was welcome but perhaps a little bit more next year ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement