Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Superbowl on TV?

• 29-01-2015 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Can anyone please tell me if it's on Ch4 or any Saorview/Freeview network this year?
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd imagine it will be on C4 alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

It's on C4. Has been (with the exception of the couple of years C5 had it) for about 25 years! :D

Check the BBC too. They have been showing it of late, but didn't last year, and not sure what the story is for this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 One Question

Great. Thanks guys/girls

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It's on C4. Has been (with the exception of the couple of years C5 had it) for about 25 years! :D

Check the BBC too. They have been showing it of late, but didn't last year, and not sure what the story is for this year...

We'll C4 have had it since 2010, prior to that it was on the BBC or Channel 5 usually. C4 didn't seem to broadcast AF for about 10 years prior to getting back into it around 2010.

Yes, they did. I already pointed out that C5 and the BBC had the Superbowl for a couple of years, but C4 have been showing it since 1986...

• Advertisement

Yeah I think it was from 98 to 2010

Sky Sports 1 - Sky Sports will begin their Super Bowl show at 10pm on Sky Sports 1. Neil Reynolds, Jeff Reinebold and Kevin Cadle will be joined by surprise guests throughout the show.

Channel 4 - Channel 4's coverage of Super Bowl XLIX will begin at 10:30pm this Sunday. They will be joined by two time Super Bowl winner, Osi Umenyiora.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

adrian522 wrote: »
    Sky Sports 1 - Sky Sports will begin their Super Bowl show at 10pm on Sky Sports 1. Neil Reynolds, Jeff Reinebold and Kevin Cadle will be joined by surprise guests throughout the show.

Channel 4 - Channel 4's coverage of Super Bowl XLIX will begin at 10:30pm this Sunday. They will be joined by two time Super Bowl winner, Osi Umenyiora.

I remember Danny Amendola was on the C4 or BBC Superbowl coverage one year when he was recovering from injury. He seemed really likeable and was a decent panelist IIRC. Delighted to see him get a chance to play in the game itself this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

CNN have a preview show at 9.30pm with dan marino too

Great to have C4, less ads than sky although it is a toss up between your man Mike and skys constant harping about hte UK games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

CNN have a preview show at 9.30pm with dan marino too

Great to have C4, less ads than sky although it is a toss up between your man Mike and skys constant harping about hte UK games.

Ah, I like Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Mike has a bit of personality compared to a lot of the talking heads that do analysis on other shows. However, I do like Jeff on Sky whenever I catch their coverage. Jeff has a bit more technology at his disposal and has a coaching background so he gets more into the X's and O's but Mike does well with nothing other than himself and Nat in a room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Mike has a bit of personality compared to a lot of the talking heads that do analysis on other shows. However, I do like Jeff on Sky whenever I catch their coverage. Jeff has a bit more technology at his disposal and has a coaching background so he gets more into the X's and O's but Mike does well with nothing other than himself and Nat in a room.
    I agree, Jeff is brilliant. Certainly better than any of the analysts they normally have on sky, our the American networks for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

dont get me wrong, mike gives good analysis but they waste time on rubbish spots like 'what hat would mike wear to a dance'. so it's not far off the ads on sky. I reckon CNN and C4 for me, sky are dumped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

adrian522 wrote: »
    We'll C4 have had it since 2010, prior to that it was on the BBC or Channel 5 usually. C4 didn't seem to broadcast AF for about 10 years prior to getting back into it around 2010.
    BBC def had the 2013 SB I know because its still on my Sky box! My mood that night started very merry and quickly moved being in the foetal position after the lights came back on :D. Thank god they held on in the end! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I agree, Jeff is brilliant. Certainly better than any of the analysts they normally have on sky, our the American networks for that matter.

Except for Chris Collinsworth. He's the only one who's both good fun to listen to and insightful (luckily NBC have the Super Bowl this year so he'll be doing it).
    Nantz and Sims really started to grate on me this year, and Buck and Aikman are too caught up in their own chumminess half the time. Gruden is kind of entertaining but he seems to think every play involves a double A-gap blitz or a spider 2-Y banana. Or else they should have.
    The less said about the "half time shows" the better...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Except for Chris Collinsworth. He's the only one who's both good fun to listen to and insightful (luckily NBC have the Super Bowl this year so he'll be doing it).
    Nantz and Sims really started to grate on me this year, and Buck and Aikman are too caught up in their own chumminess half the time. Gruden is kind of entertaining but he seems to think every play involves a double A-gap blitz or a spider 2-Y banana. Or else they should have.
    The less said about the "half time shows" the better...

Al and Cris are the greatest, I am so happy it's on NBC

Michaels and Collingsworth aren't bad. For me it was Summerall (RIP) and Madden, and Michaels and Madden. Couldn't touch those two. Al Michaels really is the best NFL commentator at the moment.

Nick Halling is also a very good commentator, but it was odd getting used to hearing an English accent calling the plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

dont get me wrong, mike gives good analysis but they waste time on rubbish spots like 'what hat would mike wear to a dance'. so it's not far off the ads on sky. I reckon CNN and C4 for me, sky are dumped.

Too much nonsense on C4. Now maybe losing the English twats might improve it, but that's unlikely to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Why are sky showing it on sky sports 1 and sky sports 3?
    Makes no sense to me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Michaels and Collingsworth aren't bad. For me it was Summerall (RIP) and Madden, and Michaels and Madden. Couldn't touch those two. Al Michaels really is the best NFL commentator at the moment.

Nick Halling is also a very good commentator, but it was odd getting used to hearing an English accent calling the plays.

Where is he working these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 WestieBoy

Just want to know how long the actual game time will be. I plan to record the game and watch it in the morning before work / school.

If we fast forward through the quarter time breaks and half time show, how long should it last, assuming there is no overtime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I would give anything to see a Gus Johnson commentated Super Bowl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

WestieBoy wrote: »
    Just want to know how long the actual game time will be. I plan to record the game and watch it in the morning before work / school.

If we fast forward through the quarter time breaks and half time show, how long should it last, assuming there is no overtime?

Well there's only 60 minutes of actual football, but the clock stopping makes it hard to predict exactly. I'd say an hour and a half and you'll be able to skip most of the faff.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Where is he working these days?

Still on Sky. He does the boxing now, and commentates on the Weber Cup (Tenpin bowling). Also freelances on the football for the BBC.

He and Kevin Cadle were the best combination on Sky. Basically, a couple of fans who loved the game and bounced off each other very well.

Neil Reynolds, I never really warmed to. Bit monotone for me. Shaun Gayle and Jeff Reinbold are great additions, but BRING BACK CECIL!!!

Advertisement