Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not over Ex - does it get better?

Options
  • 16-12-2014 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

<Mod Snip - not relevant to this thread and forum>

I split from my ex a year ago. I want on a date at the weekend with a very attractive lady. She told me last night she had no interest but even though that wasn't a problem (it was only one date) I just can't stop thinking about my ex since.

Does it get better, do you ever get over it?

Pilph.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Wompa1

pilph wrote: »
    <mod snip>

I split from my ex a year ago. I want on a date at the weekend with a very attractive lady. She told me last night she had no interest but even though that wasn't a problem (it was only one date) I just can't stop thinking about my ex since.

Does it get better, do you ever get over it?

Pilph.

It does get better. I was pretty hung up on an ex for a few years. It impacted how I viewed and treated women I dated, had relationships with for a while. It's cliched and annoying when people say it to a person that is suffering BUT only time will help and yes, it will get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Yea had similiar experience to be honest (I was the one dumped so it was harder), going on dates can bring back emotions re an ex. These fade with time though but it does take time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

It gets better if you allow it get better. I've seen people wasting years of their lives as they claim they never got over their ex. When pressed, they would also admit they never tried to. The idea of the ex and the emotions related to the break up become addictive and part of your life. You think about the ex because it's easier than putting the work into forgetting about them.

Op your ex is in your past. Every year you wallow is a year less with someone who makes you happy. Leave your past where it is and choose to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Any return to dating after a breakup normally brings back thoughts of what happened, what might have been, a comparison with where you are now. Look on the date as a catalyst to examine your feelings and see what more you need to do to move on before you try again and be grateful that the date forced you to think about that, otherwise you could do what a lot of people have done and waste a genuine chance with someone new because of the lack of progress in moving on from the past.

Advertisement