Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guest account is the sole account - HELP!

Options
  • 26-07-2009 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭

On Windows 7 RC I was using the administrator account.

I enabled the guest account.

I hid the administrator account from the welcome screen.

Now when windows loads, it automatically goes to the guest account.

I can't access the hidden account at logon as ctrl+alt+del x 2 doesn't work.

I also can't run compmgmt or command line as administrator from guest account.

Is it possible to access the administrator acount from the recovery console or somewhere?

I'm starting to think I'll have to put the HDD in another PC - which is a big rigmarole, as it's a tiny htpc that you have to disassemble almost everything just to do basic stuff.

Please someone help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,810 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Thanks for the reply. Problem is I get a security dialog with no 'yes' option when I try to run anything as an administrator. Don't know if this is a limitation of the guest account or just windows 7 rc.

I had thought I'd get access if I could start in safe mode and access the admin account logon option from there. Only problem there was I'm using a mini keyboard with no function keys! I tried connecting up another USB keyboard but it wasn't recognised. I thought this might have been the guest account limitation not allowing installation of hardware. I moved the second keyboard around a few different USB ports and finally it was recognised so I eventually managed to get into the default administrator account in safe mode and re-enable the hidden account.

Advertisement