Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 World Cup Final - Australia v New Zealand

Options
  • 26-03-2015 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭

2015 World Cup Final
    Aus v NZ
    MCG
    Melbourne
    Sunday 29th March 2015
    03:30 GMT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Think Aussies will have the edge with the bigger boundaries and home advantage, but still. Come on you Kiwis!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

After 6 tedious weeks it will be Australia v NewZealand Part 2

Australia are favourites by a distance at Melbourne......Australia have been here before and will know what it takes to win a final .......but NZ have a chance if they don't change what they have been doing so far successfully.....McCullum going gung ho at the top and the middle order backing him up

It's the final the tournament deserves ......Starc v Boult; Maxwell v McCullum.....even thinking about it is exciting .... Most finals are damp squibs but Let's hope it's as good as their group match 4 weeks ago

Come on NewZealand!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gillespy

I can't wait. Have a feeling NZ could be dispatched as easily as India were today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Gillespy wrote: »
    I can't wait. Have a feeling NZ could be dispatched as easily as India were today.

Its a huge change of scene for them really. The last time they were outside of NZ was in the UAE for a bilateral series around October or so, and as been the UAE about 40 people showed up for that!:eek: (less for the tests!)

Since then they have been playing in front of fantastic crowds who have been 100 per cent behind them, this time though they are in Australia where they will have minimal support in a ground which is so much different than what they have become accustomed to at home.

I'd back Australia to win this one, they just look a stronger side really.

Hopefully it is a good match, apart from the cracker on Tuesday and the Riaz spell last week, the knock outs have been underwhelming.

Martin Crowe has wrote an article on the final.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/856297.html

This bit got me the most.
    :(:(:(
    My precarious life ahead may not afford me the luxury of many more games to watch and enjoy. So this is likely to be it. The last, maybe, and I can happily live with that. To see the two sons I never had, Ross Taylor and Marty Guptill, run out in black, in sync with their close comrades, drawing on all their resolve and resilience, will be mesmerically satisfying. I will hold back tears all day long. I will gasp for air on occasions. I will feel like a nervous parent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Martin Crowe is class. Another reason I hope NZ win. Aussies probably. Could be win the toss win the match though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I wasn't overly bothered about either of these teams but after reading about Crowe I'll be hoping NZ win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

cricket-world-cup-2015-finals-5713507337109504-hp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

pajor wrote: »
    cricket-world-cup-2015-finals-5713507337109504-hp.jpg

Which flag is which?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Which flag is which?

White stars are Australia, red are NZ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭tmq

I wasn't overly bothered about either of these teams but after reading about Crowe I'll be hoping NZ win

I nearly feel the same and I'm aussie! watching martin crowe when i was growing up, he was a class cricketer and a class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Stuck in Melbourne for a few more days than planned, I grabbed a ticket for this (in the nosebleed section). I've never watched more than 20 minutes of cricket in my life, but I'm guessing the atmosphere will be mental :)

New Zealand win the toss, batting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Great first over from Aus

McCullum all over the place and gone for a duck....

If NZ not careful here this could turn out to be rout

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Quality swing from Starc

Guptill survives Starc and Johnson and gets out to Maxwell !!!!!

NZ need Taylor and Williamson to step up today

Oh no!

This ain't going to last long is it?!!!!!

Hope NZ get something on the board for Boult to try and defend....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Waiting on NZ for a lumpy accum

Still in it at 94-3 after 25 but need runs to accelerate

Srini is vile, pretty much confirmed that no chance of them dropping the ten team world cup idea. :mad:

• Advertisement

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Srini is vile, pretty much confirmed that no chance of them dropping the ten team world cup idea. :mad:

Srini and his two henchmen from Australia and England have the money and the opportunity to do good for world cricket but they are only interested in lining their pockets

Amazes me how a guy banned by the Supreme Court in India from being involved with the BCCI still presides as ICC Chairman

Either the rest of the cricketing administrators around the world have absolutely no spine or it is just a case of money speaks above anything else!!!

This is excellent stuff from Taylor and Elliot

Keep it going please!!!!

The only good thing I can say about Srini is India won't give up on test cricket when he is about, a fanatic about it supposedly.

Ah look here is Giles Clarke, does he even like cricket?:P:mad:

3/150 in 35

Perfectly set up for the Powerplay and the last 10 overs

Keep it going please!!!

Jinxed NZ nice and proper!!!

I'll shut up now....

183 has been a winning score in a World Cup final before......

Miserable Total. Fell apart. 184 to win. Need a repeat of the 1983 final for NZ.

Its the final the competition deserved.

Some poor shots from NZ, not a lot of situation awareness, but Australia bowled very well also, a relentless bowling attack.

Need a miracle here, about 100 away from a tough chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Game on! Finch caught and bowled by Boult

• Advertisement

They need to nail Smith in the next 2-3 overs ..... He is the key wicket

Advertisement