Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NQT - Interview Advice

• 28-07-2014 1:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am a NQT registered with the teaching council. I have just completed my PDE.

I have just been offered a preliminary interview for a ETB School for maternity cover.

As I haven't had any other teaching interviews, I would appreciate if anyone could offer me any advice on possible questions, important factors to be aware of / mention and what dress code may be applicable (I'm a female).

Thanks,
    Compgeek.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Anything from numeracy, literacy, differentiation and special needs, discipline, classroom management, school ethos, extra curricular activities, your experience to date, assessment, assessment for learning
    Often they look for examples to back it up

And there are always a few curveballs like " what about Joseph?" which make no sense but you do your best to answer.
    If you're unsure about a question don't be afraid to ask for greater clarification

Dress code:I'd personally go smart, so as a female a suit, nice smart dress, skirt and shirt, jacket combo. Nothing above the knee, check when sitting as well as skirts can rise up substantially, no low cut tops etc. Don't go ott with perfume and makeup and jewellery. Make sure you feel comfortable in what you're wearing as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭smallgarden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭compgeek

Thanks Smallgarden. I really appreciate the advice.

Advertisement