Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am covering primary maternity leave

Options
  • 25-07-2014 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I've just got my first Irish teaching post (I worked in the UK for a while). I'm covering maternity leave from Sept to March in a primary school.

I've trawled through the internet and cannot find rates of payment etc? I've found alot of info for secondary schools but not primary. I'll be starting on the second point of the scale...although I don't know if that makes any difference. It is a fixed term contract.

If anyone could shed any light on this it would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Well done on your post!

The INTO site will have all your pay information. For the first forty days (I think it's 40) you'll be paid a standard rate for one days subbing.

After this you'll be put on your own personal rate. This figure is calculated based on your point on the scale and whatever allowances you're entitled to, and will last include holiday pay. As a substitute you wont be paid for the holidays, but your pay during the year will be higher to reflect that.

Do you know if you're a pre/post 2011 graduate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ac5

I'm post 2011. I do however have four years experience working as an SNA in an Irish secondary school which may be recognised as the Department as relevant experience. I was told that I need to fill out a form to try get it recognised so potentially I may start higher up on the salary scale. To be honest I'm pretty happy just to have got the post so anything after is a bonus!
    Thanks for your reply :)

Advertisement