Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fake tan prep help!

Options
  • 21-07-2014 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Getting a full body spray tan done in a few days and just wondering what prep do people usually do before getting it done. My plan is to exfoliate and moisturise each day this week.
    Shower and not moisturise the day i am getting the tan but when should I shave my legs?
    I find if I do it the day before I get the tan done and then again the day after, that a lot of the tan on my legs disappears.
    Any tips appreciated!! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Blingy wrote: »
    Getting a full body spray tan done in a few days and just wondering what prep do people usually do before getting it done. My plan is to exfoliate and moisturise each day this week.
    Shower and not moisturise the day i am getting the tan but when should I shave my legs?
    I find if I do it the day before I get the tan done and then again the day after, that a lot of the tan on my legs disappears.
    Any tips appreciated!! Thanks.

I got my first spray tan done last week and was wondering all the same stuff! I just made sure to exfoliate as much as I could in the week before. The night before the spray tan I showered and shaved and just moisturised with e45, make sure not to use baby oil or any kind if oils as the tan will go on patchy.

The day of the tan make sure to not apply any deodorant or moisturiser. She told me to leave the tan on for 8+ hours or overnight if I could. I couldn't hack the smell so I showered after 6 hours and it was perfect. I also shaved my legs again in the shower that night and it did remove a bit of the tan but not much. You could try waxing your legs maybe 2 days before the spray tan to ensure you won't have any annoying regrowth!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AshF22

Hi! I was speaking to a girl yesterday when I was booking my spray tan! I had the same query. Im not sure what tan they will use on you but im getting the Vita Liberata one done before my holiday. I have fair skin and the hair regrowth on my legs is thankfully slow, but the girl on the phone told me she shaves her legs after she has tanned and she uses an older razor as the blade isn't as sharp. I think il stick to shaving before hand but not on the day of getting the tan done maybe the day before. Otherwise you are shaving opening your pores and the tan getting sprayed may irritate this. I hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Thanks for the replies will do the day before!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cossiem0d0

I usually exfoliate & shave at least 24 hours before - otherwise the tan gets into your pores and you can see them which kind of looks like you haven't shaved at all!

Also super important to moisturise after your shower in the morning to extend your tan as long as possible.

Advertisement