Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdresser help, color problems

Options
  • 15-07-2014 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi I'm just wondering if i could ask some advice on my hair. I am studying hairdressing in college this year. I have been coloring my hair light to medium brown for years with both semi and permanent colors. Approximately 3 months ago i asked my college teacher to give me highlights which she did but she used bleach and put me under the hood dryer. The highlights were a mix of yellow/blonde and white i hated them so i put xp 100 in 05 over them. Now my hair keeps getting a green tinge. Recently i put xp100 04 in like you would apply color to virgin hair, bottom first then roots. The color took to my roots but not the ends of my hair. My roots look fine but the bottoms look quite green. What can i do to fix this? I have tried colors with copper tones which have been unsuccessful and i don't want to put black in my hair again. Thank you, Regina.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Puzzle35

Your only option is to get a professional hairdresser to sort this out. The likes of Peter Mark probably wont touch it ( I had a similar problem myself a few years ago). A local hairdresser with a small salon sorted mine. What in gods name was your teacher thinking of! I'd seriously look at her credentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

I had a similar problem last year and tried everything - special expensive shampoos, tomato ketchup(!), covering over with different permanent dye but nothing worked. The green kept showing through. Whatever about friends and family saying it but when strangers started commenting I couldn't stand it any longer. I suspect it was to do with my shower/water as I had recently moved house. Anyway the only solution was to go to a very very good (expensive) hairdressers that had a training academy attached. I didn't actually go to the academy part but the girl who sorted me out was a teacher and between her and the owner they did a full consultation. It took ages and cost a bomb but my hair looked the healthiest it had in years. I was delighted. If you want any further details pm me....

Advertisement