Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV licence question

Options
  • 29-09-2013 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭

If I have a TV licence with my address on it but not my name, is it valid?

If I buy a new one using the correct address, do I have to use my real name or can I put any name down?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Why can't I buy a TV licence for my address, but using my neighbour's name? If it's tied to the address, why does it matter which name is on it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

what have you got to hide?

godtabh wrote: »
    what have you got to hide?
    Nothing. They have my name and address already, plus my bank card details.

Why do you ask?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

you seem to want to complicate a fairly simple process

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

Be careful. If you have a TV license for the address in the name of the previous occupant they may have transferred it to their new address when they left. This leaves you with a piece of paper but no actual license.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

It doesn't matter because as soon as you turn on the telly the CIA/KGB/MI5 will start monitoring you. Don't do anything in front of the telly that you wouldn't want anyone else to see. (Warn the girlfriend as well)

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    It doesn't matter because as soon as you turn on the telly the CIA/KGB/MI5 will start monitoring you. Don't do anything in front of the telly that you wouldn't want anyone else to see. (Warn the girlfriend as well)
    I'll mention it to the wife too.

Reminds me of Kevin McAleer and BBC2.

I just want to hand RTE my €160 and then for them to leave me alone.

Advertisement