Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Discussion on Liveline (now with mp3 link)

Options
  • 14-01-2004 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Quick!

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Listening to it now. Should be an interesting show.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Contact details
    http://www.rte.ie/radio1/afternoon/liveline/

Why not phone them or send them a quick (coherent) mail (I have)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Can't get a stream, which is encouraging. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good to hear that Joe Duffy is being competely biased! :)

When asked could Comreg stop the price hike you'd swear the interviewee had been challanged to deny he was a kiddie fiddler! Eircom have the regulator by the short and curlies.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭talla

Best quote i've ever heard from Joe Duffy.

"Its like reducing the price of milk but raising the price of the carton it comes in, yet the milk carton is still the same as last week" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

im listening to the recording now, at what part of the programme is the eircom thing, im listening to nuns at the mo

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Originally posted by shinzon
    im listening to the recording now, at what part of the programme is the eircom thing, im listening to nuns at the mo

shin

It is running since the beginning of the show...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

shinzon, that's yesterdays show !
    just turn on your radio ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Originally posted by shinzon

shin

That's yesterdays show. Go to live stream.

Valentia

http://www.rte.ie/rams/radio/latest/rte-liveline.smil live stream server crashed - using yesterdays show.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Joe Duffy just made a great point

If milk companies reduce the cost of milk but then say they are gonna increase the cost of the carton even thought the carton is the same. then the increase is unjustifiable.

similarly if eircom reduce the price of calls and then say oops to offset to decrese in call costs we are gonna increase the line rental ...thats unjustifiable.

The probably will make more money between the differance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

LOL at the milk carton pont!

Yeh have to give it to Joe, he is making great points!!!

And also, give back the old phones that we don't use!!!

Originally posted by Valentia
    That's yesterdays show. Go to live stream.

Valentia

shin turns on radio

:D

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Protect consumers...my foot!!!
    What the hell!!! That guy from Comreg is full of cr@p!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

info@comreg.ie

Let them know what you think...

viking

The guy from comreg hasnt got a clue, he keeps waffling on about prices dropping on call costs, he just doesnt see a problem with eircom taking back the money with line rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by talla
    The guy from comreg hasnt got a clue, he keeps waffling on about prices dropping on call costs, he just doesnt see a problem with eircom taking back the money with line rental.
    Was it brought up that not everyone uses Eircom for voice calls?
    Surely they shouldn't be coming out with stuff like that as a defense?

he just kept on referring to the fact that call costs had dropped 35% since 1997 due to competition, he cannot get into his head its not about call costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

A quick comparison with our nearest neighbours shows how high Eircom's line rental is.

The residential line rental from BT is £26.63 per quarter, which works out as about €12.62 per month - compare that with Eircom's approximately €25 per month.

Shame on ComReg for not looking after the consumer's interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

By the sounds of it, this could be the straw that broke the camels back for eircom consumers..
    Sorry for pointless post, but I'm listening to the radio and cheering :)

- lamps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Will someone ring in quick aboutb how they double their income by splitting the line. Quick. They wont let me on again!

Very good show, theres a hell of a lot of anger over this issue and well done for joe for highlighting the problem

Shin

Pity the line splitting did'nt get covered, still the calls and the fact thier live stream server crashed out show this is now a live issue....

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Heh, couldn't get through on the phone either, good work folks. :)

I was reduced to emailing my questions, which hadn't a hope of getting on the air, but here they are anyway:
    Joe, John has mentioned LLU several time now, please ask him HOW MANY VOICE LINES HAVE BEEN UNBUNDLED You might find the answer interesting.
    (As far as I'm aware the answer is none. Esat are only unbundling the data portion of the line, and of course Esat is the only company unbundling lines.)
    Another very simple question for John Doherty: We have the highest line rental in Europe, how does Comreg propose to bring it down to at least a European average? Price rises in line with inflation will NOT do that.
    adam

Somebody on the phone-in said that if you made your Eircom account a business account then the line rental is cheaper. I don't think it is, it's just that they don't include VAT on the business price, but they do on the Resisdential price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

just listened to it myself, it was a brillant show really highlights Eircons total disrespect for the customer.

The basic line rental price in Germany (Deutsche Telekom) is €15.66 link
    ISDN line rental is even cheaper than Eircom's standard analog line rental.

UK is €12.62 link

Just to put in context how much of a rip-off Eircom really is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by capistrano
    UK is €12.62 link

Just to put in context how much of a rip-off Eircom really is.
    Capistrano, that BT link is from 1997!!!! (The last time I checked, BT was something like €18 a month, but currency fluctuations have pushed that down since then).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by mike65
    the fact thier live stream server crashed out show this is now a live issue....
    The server didn't crash - it reached it's capacity. I was listening to the stream until 2:30, without interruption. (I had to leave at 2:30, so I gave up my session so someone else could get on!).

• Advertisement

Crashed sounds better! :D

Mike.

Advertisement