Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All over colour vs highlights

Options
  • 28-07-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

I have been high lighting my hair for about a year and a half now but curious as to what the difference would be to get an all over blonde colour? I'm guessing it would still be multi-tonal as I have the high lights underneath? Would I be able to chop and change ie all over colour on this visit to hairdressers, high lights on the next? Is there any difference on the damage aspect - I try to keep my hair in the best condition possible would an all over colour be more damaging that high lights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

If you want to get an all over colour it's something that you'll probably have to subsequently keep getting. The root regrowth is more obvious than with highlights, and if you were then to get highlights next time instead of a colour you'd be left with patchy roots and you would be able to see where the colour has grown down to. I prefer highlights anyways they're kinder to hair. Get a full colour if that's what you want but just remember that it's hard to hide the roots with just highlights after a full colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

anna080 wrote: »
    If you want to get an all over colour it's something that you'll probably have to subsequently keep getting. The root regrowth is more obvious than with highlights, and if you were then to get highlights next time instead of a colour you'd be left with patchy roots and you would be able to see where the colour has grown down to. I prefer highlights anyways they're kinder to hair. Get a full colour if that's what you want but just remember that it's hard to hide the roots with just highlights after a full colour.

Agree with everything above. Regrowth is very blocky with an all over colour. Highlights are fab :) just make sure to get a lowlight as sometimes after soooo many highlights they can join up!

Advertisement