Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sunkissed jelly

• 25-07-2014 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I was wondering te if any of ye half tried sunkissed jelly from garnier . It apparently lightens your hair gradually.

Also has any good recommendavionprecommendatrecommendationspdammmdmdaiorecommendrecommendavionprecommendatrecommendation
    For a good purple shampoo.
    Sorry for the typo, my phone won't let me erase the mistakes.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Purple shampoos/conditioners that I've tried:

Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo-very deep purple, tones excellently but very drying. You could try mixing a bit of it with a more moisturising shampoo. I haven't tried the matching conditioner.

Schwarzkopf BC Bonancure Color Freeze Silver Shampoo-as above.

L'anza Healing Colorcare Silver Brightening Shampoo-very deep purple, less drying but quite expensive

Goldwell Blondes and Highlights Shampoo and Conditioner-lighter purple shampoo with a more subtle toning effect. Less drying than the first two above. Conditioner is more pigmented and it is best to use the two together.

Redken Blonde Idol Custom Tone Conditioner. This is unusual for a purple conditioner is that it is as deeply pigmented as best toning purple shampoos. I haven't tried the matching shampoo, but I don't think it is purple at all. The conditioner bottle has a dial at the top which you can twist to control the level of toner that comes out, from light to very dark purple. I think this is a bit of a gimmick. Tones very well and conditions well and you can use any shampoo with it which helps with dryness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

pushkii wrote: »
    Hi.
    I was wondering te if any of ye half tried sunkissed jelly from garnier . It apparently lightens your hair gradually.

Also has any good recommendavionprecommendatrecommendationspdammmdmdaiorecommendrecommendavionprecommendatrecommendation
    For a good purple shampoo.
    Sorry for the typo, my phone won't let me erase the mistakes.

Thank you!

Haven't tried it but wouldn't be overly confident in it. There was similar product out years ago called 'Sun In' - you had to go out in sun or use a hairdryer after you sprayed it in and was meant to give you natural highlights but it actually just created an overall orange tinge and ruined the condition of your hair. Natural Lemon juice is meant to give as good a result as any if you sit in the sun if you want to go down that route but I would be inclined to leave in the hands of the hairdresser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rose087

Hi I'm using sunkiss jelly at the moment and its good. I used it this morning all over hair, brushed it in and then blow dryed it. I have natural auburn hair which is fairly dark. The product has lightened my hair already with just one use. Its really natural and looks like copper blond highlights running through my hair. It says you have to use it 3 to 5 times to get blond hair so Il let you know if it goes all the way blond. It hasnt dried out my hair but it does make your hair smell like a bottle of after sun, not too bad was expecting a bleachy smell.

Advertisement