Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Future Shows (News/Casting)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Twas not picked up at ABC, but now Lifetime has picked it up to series for 13 episodes in 2013: http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/lifetime-picks-up-marc-cherrys-devious-maids-to-series-for-2013-launch/

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/06/26/bbc-america-orders-new-original-scripted-sci-fi-adventure-orphan-black-for-supernatural-saturdays/139366/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

New Sci-Fi series, 10 episode order...more details above.

Orphan Black follows outsider, orphan and street-wise chameleon Sarah. After witnessing a woman's suicide, Sarah assumes the strangers identity - who happens to look just like her. Expecting to solve all her problems by cleaning out the dead woman's savings, Sarah is instead thrust headlong into a kaleidoscopic mystery as she realizes the dizzying truth - she and the dead woman are clones. As Sarah searches for answers, she discovers the chilling fact that there are more people like her out there - genetically identical individuals who were planted in unsuspecting birth parents and nurtured in completely different circumstances. With no idea who created the clones, she’ll need to discover the reason in a hurry as an assassin is killing them one by one.

www.spoilertv.com/2012/07/bates-motel-orders-psycho-inspired-show.html

A&E NETWORK ORDERS "BATES MOTEL" TO SERIES

NETWORK BYPASSES PILOT PROCESS TO ORDER 10 EPISODES

PRESENT DAY SERIES INSPIRED BY HITCHCOCK'S "PSYCHO" WILL EXPLORE THE FORMATION OF THE ICONIC CHARATERS OF NORMAN AND NORMA BATES AND THE WORLD THEY INHABIT

New York, NY – July 2, 2012 - A&E Network is going directly to series on "Bates Motel" from Universal Television with Carlton Cuse ("Lost") and Kerry Ehrin ("Friday Night Lights" and "Parenthood") serving as executive producers, it was announced today jointly by Bob DeBitetto, President and General Manager, A&E Network and BIO Channel and the network's Executive Vice President of Programming, David McKillop. The network is moving straight to series, bypassing a pilot, with a 10-episode order. Pre-production and casting will begin immediately.

"We are proud to be partnering with Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin on their thrilling reinvention of one of the most compelling characters in cinematic history," said DeBitetto and McKillop. "It's a provocative project from two of the best storytellers in the business and we're looking forward to getting started."

"Bates Motel," inspired by Hitchcock's genre-defining film, "Psycho," is a contemporary exploration of the formative years of Norman Bates, relationship with his mother, Norma, and the world they inhabit. Viewers will have access to the dark, twisted backstory and learn first-hand how Norma helped forge the most famous serial killer of them all. "Bates Motel" will premiere on A&E in 2013.

"Bates Motel" is produced by Universal Television and Carlton Cuse Productions for A&E Network. Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin serve as executive producers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Oh no. Psycho is perfect, and it's not like there's even material that they could work from (I think the other books written by the author were sequels rather then prequels). They would have to get an amazing writing team.

Not holding out hope for this at all. Even if it's good, I don't know if I could watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

They really have run out of ideas in tv land! Constant reboots/rehash/rip offs of classic tv and movies.

This one gets me angry,Psycho is my favourite movie of all time. There was already an abysmal remake of the movie a few years back and now some bright spark has decided to do a prequel!:mad:

Safe to say i'll give this one a wide berth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bates_Motel

Seems there was a pilot for a similar show before that was never picked up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Canal+ so..... BBC4 maybe?
    Or do we wait for an American remake with prettier people?.

Looks well from the shots and has a sound idea for a story.

Box set buy possibly (I'm sure there'll be one on line with subs ;) )

• Advertisement

The plot seems a lot like Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist, which is a pretty excellent book. Also there are smacks of the extremely short-lived Babylon Fields.

Eli Roth is attached also as director I think

Anyone read the book? Any good?

If it's half as good as Starship Troopers......i'm in!! :D

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/07/11/starz-announces-new-projects-incursion-and-vlad-dracula-from-spartacus-producers/141237/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

As part of STARZ overall deal with “Spartacus” creator Steven S. DeKnight, STARZ is developing “Incursion,” an epic science fiction action-thriller that follows a squad of soldiers caught in a war against a hostile alien race. Each season the battle will be fought on a new, exotic planet as humanity punches deeper into enemy territory. Grittily realistic combat, darkly complex characters and intrigue on a cosmic scale will permeate the tale of fighting men and women facing the pressures of war and an enemy unlike any ever seen. In addition to his international acclaim on “Spartacus,” Steven has worked on such well-regarded series as “Buffy The Vampire Slayer”, “Angel”, “Smallville,” and “Dollhouse.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/07/11/starz-announces-new-projects-incursion-and-vlad-dracula-from-spartacus-producers/141237/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

J. Michael Straczynski is the wildly successful writer and producer whose credits include such fan classics as Thor, Underworld: Awakening, “Babylon 5,” and The Changeling. He has teamed with horror master Roy Lee, whose credits include such hits as The Ring, The Strangers and The Woman in Black in developing "Vlad Dracula" with veteran producer Rob Tapert, whose credits include the international Starz hit series, “Spartacus,” iconic “Xena: Warrior Princess,” Evil Dead and The Grudge. The project is a unique spin of the classic tale, blending the historical facts of the 15th century Prince of Wallachia, with the fictional Dracula whose story is known around the world and continues to fascinate audiences. “Vlad Dracula” traces his evolution from a revered ruler to the world's most feared vampire, and his slow downfall as he struggles desperately to hang on to his humanity, his wife and his kingdom.

Managing Director of Starz, Carmi Zlotnik said “Steven DeKnight, J. Michael Straczynski, Roy Lee and Rob Tapert are legendary talents, having created some of the most groundbreaking and iconic television series with incredibly passionate fan bases the world over. We are thrilled to work with such sophisticated auteurs and producers as we grow the slate of unique Starz original series.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭somuj

Wahoo. I had almost given up hope for new scifi. Hopefully we get spaceships and technology and energy weapons and alien aliens that breath through their testicles and fly around in ships full of liquid methane and not sum jungle based tripe against some mysterious enemy in human like armour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Sounds like a Space: Above & Beyond redux.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

If it's half as good as Starship Troopers......i'm in!! :D

As part of STARZ overall deal with “Spartacus” creator Steven S. DeKnight, STARZ is developing “Incursion,” an epic science fiction action-thriller that follows a squad of soldiers caught in a war against a hostile alien race. Each season the battle will be fought on a new, exotic planet as humanity punches deeper into enemy territory. Grittily realistic combat, darkly complex characters and intrigue on a cosmic scale will permeate the tale of fighting men and women facing the pressures of war and an enemy unlike any ever seen. In addition to his international acclaim on “Spartacus,” Steven has worked on such well-regarded series as “Buffy The Vampire Slayer”, “Angel”, “Smallville,” and “Dollhouse.
    wouldnt be to proud of one or two of them;),

but who cares if this is even half as good as it sounds ill be delighted, nice that their stating it out right now that it will only be 1 planet a season,

i cant wait to see all the info on the formation of this universe, and space ships, spanking new space ships been a while since ive seen one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭squonk

Definitely sounds like it has potential. Starz did a great job with BOSS so I've got some fairly high hopes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭squonk

JMS and Robert Tapert, two men responsible for a sizeable chunk of my teenage TV watch time many moons ago with B5 and American Gothic. This might have some potential. I really am hoping for this to be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 Klept0

Will be giving this a look when it's out, haven't enjoyed a good sci-fi since BSG!

• Advertisement

The 8 episode series premieres Tuesday, September 04, 2012 10:00pm (Showcase, Canada).

TNT has ordered a pilot for the action-packed drama series The Last Ship, based on the popular novel by William Brinkley and executive-produced by blockbuster filmmaker Michael Bay (Transformers). The project comes to TNT from Platinum Dunes Partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form, whose credits include A Nightmare on Elm Street and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, with showrunner Hank Steinberg (Without a Trace) and Steven Kane&n bsp;(The Closer) also serving as executive producers. Steinberg and Kane wrote the pilot script.

In The Last Ship, a global catastrophe nearly obliterates the earth's population, forcing the crew of a naval destroyer to confront the reality of their new existence in a world where they are among the only survivors.

"The book The Last Ship is a gripping page-turner that has all the makings of a terrific television drama, including a great premise, memorable characters , intense situations and heart-racing action," said Michael Wright, president, head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies (TCM). "We believe this show will take viewers on a thrilling ride and fits perfectly with TNT’s expanding line-up of original dramas. We look forward to working with Michael Bay and The Last Ship's outstanding production team."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

As soon as I saw Platinum Dunes, my thoughts were... "Isn't that.... Michael Bay?" and yes, yes it is. Not expecting much on the basis of the plot either to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The book is terrible, good plot and I love post-apocalyptic fiction but my God it is the most rambling thing you will ever read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

It kind of sounds like The Walking Dead. At sea. With no zombies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

i enjoyed the pillars tv series, but didnt read the books! If GOT is anything to go by, I probably would have not liked it as much

More casting: http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/daniele-watts-cedric-stewart-ty-olsson-join-series/

Tbh...it sounds ALOT like Longmire, not my cup of cha.

• Advertisement

:eek: 300+ comments, almost all female....built in fanbase?....most comments i've ever seen on Deadline.

This could be the next Twilight...for 18-49 females on cable, seven books....Highlander meets Game Of Thrones meets The Notebook + Twilight fandom = $$$$! ;)

http://www.deadline.com/2012/07/ron-moore-to-adapt-outlander-novels-into-cable-tv-series/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I thought this was about the Jim Caviezel sci-fi version of Beowulf film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Skerries wrote: »
    I thought this was about the Jim Caviezel sci-fi version of Beowulf film

I thought it was this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082869/

“Bounce” is a series that follows the alluring lives and loves of the Los Angeles Devil Girls, the premiere dance team in all of professional basketball. The Los Angeles Devils are the number one team in The League. When the stadium lights go up at night all of Hollywood comes out to support the million dollar players; but in this city these men share the fame, adrenalin, money, sex and power with their dancers, the Devil Girls. At the heart of “Bounce” is Ahsha (Taylour Paige), a sheltered young woman who joins the team against the wishes of her mother Sloane (Kimberly Elise), who knows this treacherous, tempting world all too well having been an original Devil’s Girl herself. Olivia (Charlotte Ross) is the shrewd squad manager, Jelena (Logan Browning) is the ruthless star captain of the dance team who won’t let anyone outshine her and Pete Davenport (Dean Cain) is the former All-Star who's come back to coach his old team only to have to contend with the girls both stealing the spotlight and distracting his players.

The cast includes: Dean Cain, Kimberly Elise, Charlotte Ross, Taylour Paige, Logan Browning, Valery Ortiz, Katherine Bailess, Jonathan McDaniel and McKinley Freeman.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/07/24/vh1-greenlights-new-scripted-series-bounce-starring-dean-cain-kimberly-elise-charlotte-ross/142541/#comment-1221606

Source
    NBC is getting into the vampire business.
    The network has given a 10-episode series order to Dracula, a series inspired by the classic Bram Stoker character starring The Tudors' Jonathan Rhys Meyers as the titular character, NBC Chairman Bob Greenblatt announced Tuesday at the Television Critics Association fall TV previews.
    The series will introduce Dracula as he arrives in London, posing as an American entrepreneur who maintains that he wants to bring modern science to Victorian society. In reality, he's seeking revenge on the people who ruined his life centuries earlier. There's only one circumstance that can potentially thwart his plan: Dracula falls hopelessly in love with a woman who seems to be a reincarnation of his dead wife.
    Greenblatt called the series a "new version of the classic Bram Stoker Dracula." "In the world of Twilight and True Blood... we thought we'd go back to the original," he said, noting that they'll be bringing a Tudors sensibility to the series.
    Based on a script from co-executive producer Cole Haddon, Dracula will be executive-produced by Colin Callender, Tony Krantz (24), Gareth Neame (Downton Abbey) and Anne Mensah. Reece Pearson will also serve as co-executive producer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

sounds somewhat like The X-Files, except that its based back in 60s, again:rolleyes:

god help AMC when Breaking Bad and Mad Men end, the killing is probably their biggest failure and that was really expected to help fill the void those shows are gonna leave, their lucky they have the walking dead,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I quite like Hell on Wheels and The Killing wasn't that bad, should have been shown in one season 'tho.
    Area 51 sounds like that show set in the 50, what was it called? Dark Skies was that it?
    could be a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

tommy2bad wrote: »
    I quite like Hell on Wheels and The Killing wasn't that bad, should have been shown in one season 'tho.
    Area 51 sounds like that show set in the 50, what was it called? Dark Skies was that it?
    could be a good one.

Dark Skies was set in the 60s but if it hadn't been cancelled each series would have been set in the next decade, leading up to a climax at the millennium. It had such great potential, I loved that show.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

http://io9.com/5929853/how-science-fictional-will-amcs-1950s-drama-area-51-get
    based on journalist Annie Jacobsen's book Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base. Jacobsen's work is not science fiction

The accuracy of Jacobsen's book has been called into question, especially in her account of the Roswell crash. Most strikingly, she claims that the Soviet plane was manned by child-sized pilots biologically manipulated by Josef Mengele at Stalin's behest.

um wierd but not good wierd

Cillian Murphy has been cast in the new BBC Two drama Peaky Blinders.
    The Dark Knight star will take the lead role in the new six-part gangster drama which was written by Steven Knight (Eastern Promises) and will be directed by Otto Bathurst (Black Mirror).
    The series follows Tommy (Murphy), a ruthless mobster whose family control the "lawless post-war slum neighbourhoods" of Birmingham in 1919.
    Tommy's family are known as the 'Peaky Blinders' due to their practice of sewing razor blades into the peaks of their caps, reports Deadline.
    Tommy finds his leadership under threat when a Belfast police chief arrives and challenges the crime family's reign.
    Peaky Blinders will begin shooting in September and will air on BBC Two in 2013.

:)

BBC America will co-produce with BBC One The Musketeers, a drama series that’s a contemporary take on the classic Alexandre Dumas novel. Adrian Hodges (My Week With Marilyn, Primeval) will pen the project.

From "The X-Files" writer and producer Frank Spotnitz, HUNTED begins its eight-episode first season this October. Melissa George (HBO's "In Treatment") stars as an operative for an elite private intelligence firm who survives an attempt on her life that may have been orchestrated by members of her own team; when she returns to work, she doesn't know who to trust. Other cast members include Adam Raymer ("Hawthorne"), Stephen Dillane (HBO's "Game of Thrones"), Morven Christie ("The Young Victoria") and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje ("Lost"). Produced by Kudos Film & Television for BBC One and HBO/CINEMAX in association with Big Light Productions. Frank Spotnitz, Alison Jackson, Jane Featherstone, Stephen Garrett, Christopher Aird executive produce.

Launching its ten-episode first season in Jan. 2013, the action series BANSHEE stars Antony Starr ("Rush") as an ex-con and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, Pa., where he continues his criminal activities, even as he's hunted by the shadowy gangsters he betrayed years earlier. Ivana Milicevic (HBO's "Mind of the Married Man"), Ulrich Thomsen ("The Celebration"), Frankie Faison (HBO's "The Wire"), Rus Blackwell ("Burn Notice"), Ryann Shane ("Blue Bloods") and Ben Cross ("Star Trek") also star. Alan Ball (HBO's "True Blood"), Greg Yaitanes ("Lost"), Peter Macdissi (HBO's "Six Feet Under"), Jonathan Tropper (author of the New York Times bestseller "This Is Where I Leave You") and David Schickler (author of "Sweet and Vicious") executive produce.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/08/01/cinemax-confirms-lineup-of-new-and-returning-original-series-including-strike-back-hunted-and-banshee/143663/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

• Advertisement

sounds like Firefly meets revolution: http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/syfy-developing-clandestine-space-drama/

Being Mary Jane [formerly Single Black Female] goes to series on BET: http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/mara-brock-akils-hourlong-bet-pilot-starring-gabrielle-union-goes-to-series/

This Kelsey Grammer project sounds very interesting: http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/nbc-buys-freakonomics-inspired-drama-procedural-produced-by-kelsey-grammer/

NBC has bought Pariah, a drama project from Lionsgate Television and Kelsey Grammer’s Grammnet Prods. Written by Kevin Fox (The Negotiator, Law & Order: SVU), the police procedural features characters inspired by the economic theory ‘Freakonomics’ made popular by authors/economists Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner. In Pariah, the Mayor of San Diego appoints a rogue academic with no law enforcement background to run a task force using Freakonomics-inspired alternative methods of policing. This causes an uproar within the police department as the morally conflicted, conspiracy-minded academic solves crimes by conducting his controversial experiments on citizens of the city.

FX orders The Americans to series for 13 episodes: http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/08/the-americans-fx-orders-13-episodes.html

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://www.tvline.com/2012/03/keri-russell-the-americans/

The fact it is on FX it stands a better chance and I hope they pick a good actor as the male co-lead

FX has given a series order to The Americans, a drama about Russian spies living in suburban America in the 1980s. Starring in the series will be Keri Russell (Felicity) and Matthew Rhys (Brothers & Sisters) as KGB spies posing as a newlywed couple near Washington, D.C., and Noah Emmerich (The Walking Dead) as an FBI agent. The 13-episode debut season will premiere in early 2013.

NBC developing Cleopatra tv series....on network?....wtf?, this would NEED to be Rome/Spartacus premium cable content to work!

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/cleopatra-drama-from-producer-lorenzo-di-bonaventura-and-writer-michael-seitzman-lands-at-nbc-with-put-pilot-commitment/

NBC has put in development Hench, a high-concept drama from Peter Berg and Sarah Aubrey’s Film 44 and Universal TV. Written by Alexandra Cunningham, Hench centers on a regular guy who, in order to support his family, gets jobs temping for super villains.

• Advertisement
Advertisement