Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The Mick can be quite funny as well, Shameless is AWESOME but more adult themed

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

CBS have just renewed 18 shows (TBBT and NCIS were previously announced)

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cbs-renews-bull-kevin-can-wait-1202014511/

Comedies
    - The Big Bang Theory
    - Kevin Can Wait
    - Life in Pieces
    - Man With a Plan
    - Superior Donuts
    - Mom
    - Superior Donuts

Dramas
    - Blue Bloods
    - Bull
    - Hawaii Five-O
    - MacGyver
    - Madam Secretary
    - NCIS
    - NCIS: Los Angeles
    - NCIS: New Orleans
    - Scorpion

Reality
    - Survivor

News
    - 48 Hours
    - 60 Minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

- MacGyver

Go figure! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,333 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No Criminal Minds so I'd guess it's finished.

Click the link - there are some that weren't announced yet, but it doesn't mean they are cancelled.

Stuff like Big Brother, Amazing Race and Elementary are surely going to be renewed too...

• Advertisement

They need some room for new shows or maybe they will move some to be exclusive to CBS All Access.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Elementary is on the bubble seemingly one of my favourites

Untitled Navy Seal Drama

David Boreanaz To Topline CBS’ Navy SEAL Drama Pilot
    EXCLUSIVE: As Bones is heading into its series finale next week, star David Boreanaz has been tapped as the lead of CBS’ Navy SEAL drama pilot. He replaces Jim Caviezel, who was cast in the role last week. Caviezel, who has a long history with CBS as the star of the long-running crime drama series Person Of Interest, has parted ways with the network and the Navy SEAL pilot’s producer CBS TV Studios over creative differences

Boreanaz, coming off leading-man turns on two back-to-back hit series — Angel, which ran for five seasons on the WB, and Bones, which has aired for 12 seasons on Fox — had been on the hot list of actors sought for starring roles this broadcast pilot season. In addition to starring, Boreanaz also sill serve as producer on the CBS pilot.

Written by Ben Cavell and directed by Chris Chulack, the Navy SEAL project follows the lives of the elite Navy SEALs as they train, plan and execute the most dangerous, high-stakes missions our country can ask. Boreanaz will play Jason, the respected, committed leader of his assault team who’s been through over a dozen deployments, with scars inside and out.

Boreanaz will lead a cast that includes Max Theriot, Neil Brown Jr., A.J. Buckley, Toni Trucks and Jessica Pare. The actor, who also served as a producer on Bones and directed multiple episodes, is repped by CAA, Tom Parziale of Visionary Entertainment and attorney Patti Felker.

Cavell, Ed Redlich, who serves as showrunner, Sarah Timberman, Carl Beverly and Chulack executive produce the Navy SEAL pilot for CBS TV Studios.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/david-boreanaz-star-cbs-navy-seal-drama-pilot-recasting-jim-caviezel-1202048676/

Navy Seal is the new Vampire Zombie Time Travel :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

sioda wrote: »

I used to really like it, but only watched the first couple of episodes of the current series. Will watch them eventually, but it got very stale, and lost its way with the overall plot, imo.

Looks like The Knick is cancelled. Nothing official yet, but it doesn't look good.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/03/the-knick-cancelled-steven-soderberg-clive-owen-chris-sullivan-cinemax-1201796215/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

sioda wrote: »

What do you mean by "on the bubble"?

I love Elementary so much!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mars Bar wrote: »
    What do you mean by "on the bubble"?

I love Elementary so much!

Usually that means it could go either way for renewal.

I used to really like it, but only watched the first couple of episodes of the current series. Will watch them eventually, but it got very stale, and lost its way with the overall plot, imo.

It seems like nothing happens for a while but they are always building up to something. They've mentioned Sherlock's father a few times recently so I think they might be up to something there! We've finally had an interesting turn in the Shinwell line and Kitty is back.

Loughc wrote: »
    Usually that means it could go either way for renewal.

Thanks.

I will single handedly start WWIII if it gets cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,239 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Elementary is THE worst rated show on CBS. Its ratings are truly awful. Worse ratings than both Pure Genius and Doubt, which are both cancelled.

Matt LeBlanc's Man with a Plan renewed again :confused: what am I missing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Elementary is THE worst rated show on CBS. Its ratings are truly awful. Worse ratings than both Pure Genius and Doubt, which are both cancelled.
    Well seeing how Bull got renewed I'm not exactly going to trust the ratings for show quality... Hopefully it will move to Netflix full time if cancelled though.

I hope it gets renewed, Miller is great as Sherlock, I think it is better than BBC's Sherlock

Can we expect another NCIS spin off on CBS :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,834 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Surprised Five 0 is still going. I was sure it was near cancellation a couple years ago due to poor ratings.

Watched the episode of MacGyver that crossed over with Five 0. Wasn't too bad, but pretty much typical CBS show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope it gets renewed, Miller is great as Sherlock, I think it is better than BBC's Sherlock

Can we expect another NCIS spin off on CBS :P

They had a guy from the "Cyber" office on NCIS-LA last week, maybe NCIS-San Diego is next ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Mr E wrote: »
    Stuff like New Girl, Trial & Error and The Detour are all network shows with no laugh track and are very funny.
    Brooklyn Nine-Nine
    The Mick
    Mindy Project

... there are loads!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I think 2 Broke Girls will get a shortened season to wrap; The Great Indoors is a real bubble show for me... it definitely has improved, but it's still cheesy - but that's kind of the CBS audience; my guess is that they lose Fry, make the show a bit cheaper to make and they get another season.

One of my favourite competition reality shows, Ink Master, has been renewed for a 10th season.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/ink-master-renewed-season-10-spike-exclusive-1202014380/

Good article from Metacritic, compiling a list of shows and aggregating thoughts from various sites on whether they are going to be cancelled.

Pretty predictable fare, but they think that Elementary, Scream Queens, Sleepy Hollow, APB, Blacklist Redemption, American Crime, Criminal Minds Beyond Borders, Emerald City, Making History, No Tomorrow, Powerless, Quantico, Ransom, Secrets and Lies, and Time after Time are all toast.

The Catch, Blindspot, Code Black, Agents of Shield and Timeless are all in serious trouble too.

http://www.metacritic.com/pictures/renew-cancel-predictions-for-2017-bubble-shows

• Registered Users Posts: 28,834 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Of those, I watch Quantico, Scream Queens and SHIELD. Just hope Quantico and SHIELD are told in enough time to wrap things up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well that's 3 out of my weekly shows up for cancellation while things such as Bull gets renewed; makes me seriously wonder about humanity seeing how Bull has had zero story arch, zero character development or growth but still get the views.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

Nody wrote: »
    Well that's 3 out of my weekly shows up for cancellation while things such as Bull gets renewed; makes me seriously wonder about humanity seeing how Bull has had zero story arch, zero character development or growth but still get the views.
    4 for me :-(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I remember an article I read that went into how networks were looking to change their type of TV shows away from an overarching story arc to a more independent hour episode each week, something like 6 of 22 episodes would be linked to a larger story arc while the rest could be classed as independent shows every week. The reasoning was that consumers who liked an larger arc type story would watch a 12 episode series on Netflix over a week or so while if consumers missed a week of the show on the network they mightn't returned because they felt lost, which is ironic cause Lost was used as an example of a show that people didn't go back to. Also, having a story arc makes syndication more difficult as series might be sold out of sequence or there might be a number of networks show the same series in the same area.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    The Catch, Blindspot, Code Black, Agents of Shield and Timeless are all in serious trouble too.

http://www.metacritic.com/pictures/renew-cancel-predictions-for-2017-bubble-shows

Thought Metacritic's accompanying picture was quite amusing:

s2155_gp1776_1490147936.jpg

Why is AoS on at 10pm though? Seems incredibily late for such a show.

Advertisement