Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheeries

Options
  • 12-04-2005 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

When are cheeries in season here ? do you know if you can freeze them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭windowgazer

KlodaX wrote:
    When are cheeries in season here ? do you know if you can freeze them?
    Awwww, thats a WAY better way of says cherries..... 'cheery cola', 'big black horse and a cheery tree'... I'm not extracting the urine.. its cute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

:o .... I love em ... but can't find em

• Registered Users Posts: 21,427 ✭✭✭✭Alun

From my vague memories of having a cherry tree in our back garden some years ago, you're talking about late summer (July/August) for them to be in season in Europe. Mind you, the birds ate most of them, so there weren't many left for us :(

As for freezing, yes you can, but they'll go quite mushy like most soft fruit does when frozen, so they'd only be good for pies and crumbles and the like when defrosted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

They wont be in season yet, next month and for about five weeks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/in_season/may.shtml

yeahhh!! bring on those bad boys!

Thanks for the info ! most helpful.

Are there any berries similiar to cherries that would be available now? or even all year round? *I'm asking alot I know*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Wait till the cherries go on sale in M&S...yummy. You can buy them tinned in syrup but they're a tad manky. I think you can buy them frozen wholesale, but that's probably not much good for you. If you need a fix now- go buy the black cherry yoghurt in M&S.

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    Wait till the cherries go on sale in M&S...yummy. You can buy them tinned in syrup but they're a tad manky. I think you can buy them frozen wholesale, but that's probably not much good for you. If you need a fix now- go buy the black cherry yoghurt in M&S.

kewl tanks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

you should be able to get fresh cherries in m&s now. i saw them there the other week. They're imported from somewhere...maybe S.Africa

you should be able to get fresh cherries in m&s now. i saw them there the other week. They're imported from somewhere...maybe S.Africa
    'ooray! /me off to m&s in teh morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

we got some in tescos the other week and they were deeeeeeelish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Am I the only one who thought this thread was about Cheerios?

I had my hopes up to shout
    'OH BOY DONUT SEEDS!'

Sangre wrote:
    Am I the only one who thought this thread was about Cheerios?

I had my hopes up to shout
    'OH BOY DONUT SEEDS!'

Donut seeds- class.

Advertisement