Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siamese Eggs!?!??!

Options
  • 04-04-2005 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭

We've gotten another batch of eggs from the butchers in Omni and they have TWO YOKES!!!!! :D Anyone else got these?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I've often gotten double yokes in eggs.We usually get our eggs in superquinn, doesn't happen very often but every now and then you'll get a couple of them in a batch.

Very inconvenient when you break one in as the last egg in a cake mix as then you have to compensate for the extra egginess.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It just twins. 1 in 10 people are meant to be twins i.e. 1 in 20 births. I'm surprised you dont find more "twin" eggs.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

In Holland they sell them in boxes of 10 'dubbel-dooiers'. I don't know if they do some weird shít to get the chickens to produce them or if they just scan all their eggs and pick these out for sale separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I've often gotten double yokes in eggs.We usually get our eggs in superquinn, doesn't happen very often but every now and then you'll get a couple of them in a batch.

Very inconvenient when you break one in as the last egg in a cake mix as then you have to compensate for the extra egginess.

Thats exactly it!!! You have to be really careful when baking!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I break eggs into a cup before chucking them into the baking mix anyhow. Learned my lesson a long time ago when a less-than-fresh egg ruined a pile of other ingredients because I broke it straight into the bowl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,915 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Strange, I've never seen a twin-yolked egg in my life. And I eat a LOT of eggs.

(My cholesterol is off the low end of the scale as well btw, before anyone mentions it :p).

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Stark wrote:
    Strange, I've never seen a twin-yolked egg in my life. And I eat a LOT of eggs.

(My cholesterol is off the low end of the scale as well btw, before anyone mentions it :p).

You're more likely to get them in the extra large size

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Stark I'll take a pic of the next one!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jackie g

hi,

we keep organic hens, you are more likely to get double yolks from older hens. most hens when they start laying eggs, the eggs are about the size of a golf ball and then get bigger after about 4 months. when a hen has been laying for 2 years or so, eggs get bigger and they produce double yolks. jackie

• Advertisement
Advertisement