Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee & tea festival 2015

Options
  • 26-08-2015 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

Anyone going? Never been before - is it worth it? Much in the way of discounts or special roasts etc.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Went last year, great selection of coffees to taste and some decent discounts. Worthwhile to visit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'm going for the first time this year - very excited about seeing the different ranges of teas and coffees, and check out any of the apparatus also.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭cuculainn

J_E wrote: »
    I'm going for the first time this year - very excited about seeing the different ranges of teas and coffees, and check out any of the apparatus also.

Where is it on out of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

cuculainn wrote: »
    Where is it on out of interest?

RDS for 3 days I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

I went last year, it was cool!

There are some big name chains like Insomnia or whatever with hired models which wasn't very exciting, but there were a few really good roasters who were very sound. Enough free coffee to keep ya awake all night too!

So I'll go for a look this year too. I'm thinking about giving the home barista comp a go, but it doesn't say which day exactly it will be on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Gotham Knight

Looks like a good event. Is there anything there from suppliers of coffee-makers or grinders?

Check out for yourself - http://www.dublincoffeefestival.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sebey

Anyone who went last year know if their were any hardware selling stands(in particular coffee grinders?) For home use.

I'm not sure if there was anyone selling grinders - mainly it was roasters presenting their coffees, but some espresso machine companies too. I'm not sure if they were selling machines or not. I guess there'll be some people displaying grinders anyways..

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Kenz

Went last year too.

Stands from all the big and small companies. Really nice atmosphere, especially around the smaller companies. Very Good selections of coffee there and deals. This year, my local roaster/coffeeshop guys in Celbridge, Baobab, are there. Highly recommend calling round to them, and having a taste - Simply brilliant.

I saw all sorts of coffee (and tea) equipment on sale there last year too. For all budgets.

PS - Don't make the same mistake I did. I had about 4 coffee sample tastes within an hour, each one an espresso shot. My body was shaking. Nearly sick with the amount of caffeine floating around in me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

Sebey wrote: »
    Anyone who went last year know if their were any hardware selling stands(in particular coffee grinders?) For home use.

Looking at the exhibitor list on the website, couldn't see a listing for any company that did equipment.

De'Longhi ?
    Lamarzocco ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jake66

Can tickets be purchased at the door?, not sure if I can make it yet..

Pretty Sure you would be able to purchase tickets on the door. All the events in the RDS that I've been to, you can purchase tickets on the way in.

Advertisement