Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours Cat

Options
  • 14-08-2009 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

We have a cat that hangs round our area (and house) in the estate that I always thought was a stray until recently. We used to feed him and give him a pets but never let him in as we have 2 indoor cats. He is always out and about and always hungry and skinny looking.
    About 3 weeks ago I saw the neighbours over the road let him in the front door.

Anyway, I had been away for a week and when we got back he came to see us and I noticed a large scratch or cut on his right shoulder, that he had been licking and making pink, it's about an inch in length. It crusted over and now today he has another pink area on the other shoulder that he is licking.

Can this be an infection that has spread?

Neighbours aren;t fussed by his injuries, I went to them the other day and they just said 'oh, he a very independent cat, always fighting the other cats'. now it seems to be getting worse I dont know what to do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Anna88

you could always call the dspca and rport animal abuse coz it is see as animal abuse if the owners aren;t taking responsibilty for their pet. Or if you have the funds...cat nap him and go the vet yourself. :P

Advertisement