Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semi Auto Advice

Options
  • 15-09-2014 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi there,
    Looking to purchase a new semi shotgun and was wondering has anyone came across or use a Lanber or Laurona semi? I'm on a fairly tight budget (€700 max) and I have came across these guns online but find it very hard to get any good reviews on them? The main shooting i do is fox and duck shooting and very occasionally some clay shooting. just wondering has anyone any experience with these guns? I see the Laurona Gardone semi on offer for 700 on open season but impossible to get any reports on it. Any advice on them much appreciated lads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

seaview36 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Looking to purchase a new semi shotgun and was wondering has anyone came across or use a Lanber or Laurona semi? I'm on a fairly tight budget (€700 max) and I have came across these guns online but find it very hard to get any good reviews on them? The main shooting i do is fox and duck shooting and very occasionally some clay shooting. just wondering has anyone any experience with these guns? I see the Laurona Gardone semi on offer for 700 on open season but impossible to get any reports on it. Any advice on them much appreciated lads!

Mate of mine selling an almost new browning maxus on here,immaculate,if you could up the anti a bit you could have a chat with him and might be lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Hard to beat a 2nd hand beretta

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Jonty wrote: »
    Hard to beat a 2nd hand beretta

+1

For the last 15 years or so I have been the proud owner of a Berettta Urika model AL391.
    Fantastic piece of kit, never misses a beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 seaview36

I have heard nothing but good reports about them alright but finding one within my budget is the problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

Mate of mine selling an almost new browning maxus on here,immaculate,if you could up the anti a bit you could have a chat with him and might be lucky

I know that Maxus & if it has more than 50 cartridges through it I would be surprised.I was there when it was bought,we do all our shooting together it never was used.The gun is as good as new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 seaview36

Cheers lads but unfortunately 700 is my very max, haven't even planned on spending that much but if the right gun came along that's basically all i could stretch to ..any other offers or suggestions of guns within my range are much appreciated...

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭xchrisshana

My bother in law has a laurona its a lovely light gun a great all rounder and got it in open season and got a good deal too

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

seaview36 wrote: »
    700 is my very max

Be patient and keep yours eyes open.
    I think you will find that €700 will be enough.

Here is a "more flashy" version of mine for €750 a short time ago:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057264669

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭lanber man

2011 wrote: »
    Be patient and keep yours eyes open.
    I think you will find that €700 will be enough.

Here is a "more flashy" version of mine for €750 a short time ago:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057264669
    I'd agree with this. There was two 391s in mulvihills which would have been picked up for 700 not sure if still there or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

John Lambert in Camolin had a minter for 750. They are out there, you just got to look around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement