Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Universal Social Charge Quick Question!

Options
  • 26-10-2014 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi - I just have a quick query regarding the Universal Social Charge.

I'm a little confused with :
    "If your income is less than €10,036 you pay no Universal Social Charge (USC)."

which for this self-assessment, it is (there was zero trade/income in 2013 for what I'm filing).

But then I also read :

Standard rate of USC :
    Rate - 2% / Income band - Up to €10,036

So, to clarify - there was no trade or income. Am I therefore to pay ANY USC...? And would I have paid any USC if earnings were, for example, €10,000?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭rahmalec

Hi - I just have a quick query regarding the Universal Social Charge.

I'm a little confused with :
    "If your income is less than €10,036 you pay no Universal Social Charge (USC)."

which for this self-assessment, it is (there was zero trade/income in 2013 for what I'm filing).

But then I also read :

Standard rate of USC :
    Rate - 2% / Income band - Up to €10,036

So, to clarify - there was no trade or income. Am I therefore to pay ANY USC...? And would I have paid any USC if earnings were, for example, €10,000?

Thanks!

If you earn 10035 you pay no USC. If you earn 10036 you pay 2% USC on ALL income.

Note, the 10036 figure is all your income, so if you have 10000 paye and 100 trade income, you will pay USC.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 zzaaaaaaaaaap

rahmalec wrote: »
    If you earn 10035 you pay no USC. If you earn 10036 you pay 2% USC on ALL income.

Note, the 10036 figure is all your income, so if you have 10000 paye and 100 trade income, you will pay USC.

Thanks!

Advertisement