Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying bitcoins

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Im using Bittrex. You need bitcoin to trade on it. I've been moving some over in preperation. Just waiting for it to clear. Typical the price has gone from 5.50 to over 7 while ive been waiting !

can you not use ETH to trade on bittrex? They have a lot of wallets. Would you have to exchange ETH for BTC before buying ANS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

lawred2 wrote: »
    can you not use ETH to trade on bittrex? They have a lot of wallets. Would you have to exchange ETH for BTC before buying ANS?

They only have a btc-Ans exchange right now.

They only have a btc-Ans exchange right now. Moving 1ETH and exchanging for btc on bittrex would be faster than sending btc to your wallet.

ETH transaction delays on Coinbase

Be careful not to select the ETH-ANT exchange. That is for aragon.

You want BTC-ANS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Thanks lads, so can I buy bitcoin on Bittrex and then convert that to Neo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Thanks lads, so can I buy bitcoin on Bittrex and then convert that to Neo?

Bought the BTC with cash on Coinbase. Moved the BTC to Bittrex (takes about 10 to 20 mins). Bought Antshares on Bittrex

I always get wee flutters after hitting send when transferring BTC or ETH between exchanges

ah there it is pending on bittrex

Just got mine bought at $8.

Now to the moon !!!!

• Advertisement

I have a whopping 41ANS

Where's my lambo?

look at ANS go.....

.....down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

look at ANS go.....

.....down

I watched all day as it went from $5.50 to shooting past $8 then i bought and the whole thing came to a shuddering halt and started dropping lol

Did anyone else have issues getting their ID verified on Coinbase?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I watched all day as it went from $5.50 to shooting past $8 then i bought and the whole thing came to a shuddering halt and started dropping lol

I sometimes buy in halves for that reason

e.g. if a coin is recovering from a recent jump, I will buy in as soon as the BTC hits the exchange, but only half. Then spend the next day or two watching the price (in case there's a secondary dive) then buy the other half. If it rises, my first half is a "bargain", if it falls, my second half is a "bargain". Psychological validation ;)

Anyway if you're in it for the long haul then 10% or 15% price diff either way is peanuts

• Advertisement

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I sometimes buy in halves for that reason

e.g. if a coin is recovering from a recent jump, I will buy in as soon as the BTC hits the exchange, but only half. Then spend the next day or two watching the price (in case there's a secondary dive) then buy the other half. If it rises, my first half is a "bargain", if it falls, my second half is a "bargain". Psychological validation ;)

Anyway if you're in it for the long haul then 10% or 15% price diff either way is peanuts

Yeah i was worrying about missing out on $50 when in 10 years ill have millions and wont care :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 iguot edgar

Yeah i was worrying about missing out on $50 when in 10 years ill have millions and wont care :)

Or nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Comfreycream

I would love if someone could explain how Bitcoins work. Where to buy, where to sell etc. I'm completely new to this. Many thanks

Just to be sure ANS is Neo right? Will it be getting a new crypto currency code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

I would love if someone could explain how Bitcoins work. Where to buy, where to sell etc. I'm completely new to this. Many thanks

All the info is out there - read through this thread for starters. There's endless resources out there that deal with the topic. If you are not of a mind to read, then try youtube.

However, search for the specifics - introduction to bitcoin, how to setup a bitcoin wallet, how to secure a bitcoin wallet, where to buy btc, etc. Otherwise, you will get lost in what is a complex subject area ....as you'll drown in info otherwise.

I think your query is too general to deal with. Spend some time on it - and if you have specific questions, come back with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Just to be sure ANS is Neo right? Will it be getting a new crypto currency code?

Yes, it will be automatic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Probably best to enter that same question into YouTube and watch some videos. Tons of videos there with full explanations of cryptocurrencies.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Just bought some ANS there. Anyone have a recommendation for a wallet to keep it in? I'd prefer not to leave it on bittrex.

Lads I bought 69 ANS on Bittrex. Should I do anything to secure it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭lettuce97

Lads I bought 69 ANS on Bittrex. Should I do anything to secure it now?
    How did you manage to buy the ANS? I was about to buy the bullet using the + on the ANS wallet, and send BTC to that address - but got a warning about only sending ANS to that address

Edit - figured it out, thanks. Not the most pleasing on the eye website Bittrex, but if it does what it says on the tin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Aspiring wrote: »
    Just bought some ANS there. Anyone have a recommendation for a wallet to keep it in? I'd prefer not to leave it on bittrex.

I use their own wallet which you can download for windows on the official website. Half my my coins are on the exchange as this coin dips and pumps so often that I'm increasing my portfolio a bit. I think the whales are manipulating it to secure more coins because the potential is huge on this coin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

So Coinbase/GDAX will be reimbursing all clients who lost their money in the recent flash-crash -- all those who had long positions and all those margin holders who had their funds liquidated.
    Leaving aside for a moment the rights and wrongs of this decision, this move must be good for ETH. These people getting their money back will buy convert into Eth again -- $10 Million at least of fresh money flowing back into Eth should push up the price just a bit.

So Coinbase/GDAX will be reimbursing all clients who lost their money in the recent flash-crash -- all those who had long positions and all those margin holders who had their funds liquidated.
    Leaving aside for a moment the rights and wrongs of this decision, this move must be good for ETH. These people getting their money back will buy convert into Eth again -- $10 Million at least of fresh money flowing back into Eth should push up the price just a bit.

Don't really get that decision... Unless it was a 'flash crash' triggered by themselves in some way. What happened is just one of those things that can happen on an exchange!

Are the winners going to see their multi million dollar upsides reversed?

Maybe it's a simple business decision.. Create a bit of good feeling about the brand.

Maybe it's a simple business decision.. Create a bit of good feeling about the brand.
    Yeah I reckon that's exactly what it is.
    Whichever, it does set a precedent, and might be an encouragement to every muttonhead and irresponsible trader to repeat the crazy no-limit shorting and longing that caused this.

• Advertisement

Yeah I reckon that's exactly what it is.
    Whichever, it does set a precedent, and might be an encouragement to every muttonhead and irresponsible trader to repeat the crazy no-limit shorting and longing that caused this.

Not really maintaining the integrity of the exchange...

Maybe they should have some sort of sentry algo in place that suspends trading when such collapses happen in short order..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Anyone buying into tenx?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Anyone buying into tenx?

What is Tenx and what does it bring to the table? What is it's u.s.p.?

Markets down across the board today

Ethereum heading for below $300. Bitcoin $2,500.

buy_sell_grande_zpslqiuhsdy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

The last time they dipped, it was followed by a massive rally. Be grand. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Great cartoon, El Diablo
    and so very true of most markets
    Is it legit to claim that this time it is different?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 iguot edgar

What is Tenx and what does it bring to the table? What is it's u.s.p.?
    TenX has built an iOS and Android app that serves as both a wallet and a decentralized fee free exchange, then adds a debit/credit card functionality on top of that to let you spend your cyrptocurrency anywhere you could use VISA or Mastercard. (They send you a physical card.) It also converts it to local currency, meaning it pretty much works in any country.

About the only useful one of the whole fecking lot of them assuming it works.

nuac wrote: »
    Great cartoon, El Diablo
    and so very true of most markets
    Is it legit to claim that this time it is different?

Probably no different this time. There's a lot of hysteria in the market right now.

• Advertisement

TenX has built an iOS and Android app that serves as both a wallet and a decentralized fee free exchange, then adds a debit/credit card functionality on top of that to let you spend your cyrptocurrency anywhere you could use VISA or Mastercard.

Tenx has raised 200,000 ETH (~$60 Million) in only ten minutes in yesterdy's ICO. :rolleyes:
    I'm not sure why it attracted so much seeing as there are other similar products -- Bitpay and Xapo -- available out there on the market. (I've ordered my Xapo early this week and patiently awaiting delivery within the next ten days or so).

Oh yeah, just realised that TenX will facilitate depositing of Eth into their card whereas Xapo only allows Bitcoin deposits.
    Maybe that is the benefit?

The Cuban wrote: »
    "Claim lumens: Individuals

On June 27th: we will provide a link to the claim page, where you will need to complete this simple process:

Authenticate with Facebook. "

Authenticate through Facebook??? :eek:
    Christ no, I'm very reluctant to do that !

Down down we go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

"Claim lumens: Individuals

On June 27th: we will provide a link to the claim page, where you will need to complete this simple process:

Authenticate with Facebook. "

Authenticate through Facebook??? :eek:
    Christ no, I'm very reluctant to do that !

"Hey Rus, amazing how many Agent Smiths are taking up the offer..."

:D
    Follow the white rabbit at your own risk.

This Facebook process is just one step behind "Authenticate your bitcoin holdings to us by sending us the private key to your bitcoin wallet" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

Did anyone else have issues getting their ID verified on Coinbase?

Crazy issues, they still have not gotten back to me, 3 weeks and 4 mails later

Don't forget, if you bought Antshares they generate Antcoins as long as you hold them in an Antwallet. https://www.antshares.org/Download

Bumped my investment in Antshares since they are so low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Don't forget, if you bought Antshares they generate Antcoins as long as you hold them in an Antwallet. https://www.antshares.org/Download

Bumped my investment in Antshares since they are so low.

Arent people a little concerned over the wallet & root access at the moment?
    Havnt look into it yet myself though, so might be nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ah ffs Coinbase is an utter joke, falls over the minute theres any action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Down down we go

Bah. In the red on every single coin I have now.
    Time to set a time capsule to remind me to log back in 3 years from now when I'm a gazillionaire. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement