Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Ninty Gets!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Is it true that the Retron's slots are fairly tight or is that an overreaction?

Tight as a ducks a....
    Yes, they are tight, particularly the Famicom slot, though I expect them to loosen with use, as the actress said to the bishop.

Played some Virtua Racing and Starfox last night, fantastic, Starfox was the US version, played at 60Hz and was excellent, also you can, if you like, zoom and get rid of the borders that all versions of the game have, though not as pronounced on the NTSC editions of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

It's been a VERY good day if I do say so myself!😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Postmans been busy this week with some retro goodies, did some ebay shopping, and then a quick driveby on Gamestop. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is fantastic !

VKEKh3ll.jpg

Also, its fuchsia, not pink !!

Looking forward to finally finishing off some old gba classics with a backlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Fortunately my collection is big enough, pretty much every SNES, MD and Gameboy series title I want.

My collection is pretty big too... that's the problem. Once the hack was released I boxed everything Genesis, SNES, NES and GB/A/C up and into storage. It makes for a much cleaner living room and happier wife I can tell you :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

COYVB wrote: »
    My collection is pretty big too... that's the problem. Once the hack was released I boxed everything Genesis, SNES, NES and GB/A/C up and into storage. It makes for a much cleaner living room and happier wife I can tell you :P

Converted the attic space 13 years ago, now a Games room.
    In some disarray however.
    Must give it a tidy out.
    Something about the beauty of classic games on a good CRT via RGB, all original hardware.
    I am in need of lots more shelving and nowhere to put them, I'll have to get creative!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

This calls for a Boardsie IKEA meetup! Meatballs first, complicated slidey shelf arrangement after.

Also, I think you could use street pass, 10 3dses and a stop watch to set up a trolley rally through the display hall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,656 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Picked up mystical Ninja starring Goemon 2 for the N64 this week. Epic game and more accessible than the first one. I wish more of the series made it out of Japan. Underrated to say the least.

Banjo wrote: »
    This calls for a Boardsie IKEA meetup! Meatballs first, complicated slidey shelf arrangement after.

Also, I think you could use street pass, 10 3dses and a stop watch to set up a trolley rally through the display hall.

The Arcade and Retro posse have a Beers meet up in various homes of regular members during the year.
    The next time I'm having one in mine I'll throw a shout out here. Plenty of classic Nintendo gaming for all, as well as the more recent stuff.

imitation wrote: »
    Postmans been busy this week with some retro goodies, did some ebay shopping, and then a quick driveby on Gamestop. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is fantastic !

VKEKh3ll.jpg

Also, its fuchsia, not pink !!

Looking forward to finally finishing off some old gba classics with a backlight.

Nope, that be pink.
    But, hey, I knew of a panther that was pink, and he was a gentleman, a scholar and an acrobat.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Nope, that be pink.
    But, hey, I knew of a panther that was pink, and he was a gentleman, a scholar and an acrobat.....

It's not pink, it's salmon!

That's what I use to say, when I had one sorry four. I had a problem.

• Advertisement

I've had a few over the years myself, silver, green, blue, PINK, Famicom themed and, now, a black one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Some recent Ninty gets:

SgfUnn7.jpg

Fantasy Life (€35) & Mario Golf (€20) I got from Smyths earlier, fairly ok prices I thought.

pDGjxc1.jpg

Hyrule Warriors was my goty last year, still playing it regularly. There's just a stupid amount of extra content too and all for a bargain price! This game is incredible, I cant explain it but the games never gets boring like.

Hyrule Warriors was my goty last year, still playing it regularly. There's just a stupid amount of extra content too and all for a bargain price! This game is incredible, I cant explain it but the games never gets boring like.

Yeah there's something very addictive about it. I mainly got it as I figured it was simple enough for the kids and I to play, which is it, but there also seems to be tons of content with the different characters and weapons etc.

I wouldn't be a fan of DLC at all but I could be tempted by that Ganon one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

tumblr_nkhqypecBa1u9p36io1_540.jpg

The DS lite and the 3 pokemon games worked out at 30 euro, so I'm well happy now. I now also own 3 DS lites.

DS Lites are some of the nicest consoles Ninty have made, in my opinion, they just feel lovely in the hand, nicer to hold than the previous clamshell GBA:SP, and I prefer them to the DSi tbh.
    Also, all the addons that the GBA slot allows, including the Band Hero grip and the frankly awesome Taito paddle controller, which I imported and is sweet, especially with Puzzle Bobble Galaxy!

They are. Plus, I can now trade pokemon as much as I want!

cloud493 wrote: »
    They are. Plus, I can now trade pokemon as much as I want!

Can't you go blind from playing with yourself too much?

Can't you go blind from playing with yourself too much?

Theories are there to be tested!

DS Lites are some of the nicest consoles Ninty have made, in my opinion, they just feel lovely in the hand, nicer to hold than the previous clamshell GBA:SP, and I prefer them to the DSi tbh.
    Also, all the addons that the GBA slot allows, including the Band Hero grip and the frankly awesome Taito paddle controller, which I imported and is sweet, especially with Puzzle Bobble Galaxy!

Really like ds lite, finally the injustice of not being able to see stuff properly on the unbacklit gba screen has been righted. How i put up for it as long as i did is a mystery.

I am tempted to get a sp just to play the old gb games, but its a bit of an expense anf managing those batterys for saves is a pain.

• Advertisement

I have a GB Micro with a flash cart a permanent fixture there.
    Mostly it allows me to play glorious NES and GB/C games on it via emulator, and they look the business on the little crisp screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

I have a GB Micro with a flash cart a permanent fixture there.
    Mostly it allows me to play glorious NES and GB/C games on it via emulator, and they look the business on the little crisp screen.

What flash cart did you get for it? I bought one years ago for it but it didn't fit in it.

ollie1 wrote: »
    What flash cart did you get for it? I bought one years ago for it but it didn't fit in it.

Elink
    435-elink%2Bgba%2Bflash%2Bcard%2Bset%2Bfor%2Bgbagbasp%2Bgbmndsndsl%2Bidsidsl%2B512m-6023.preview.jpg
    The size of a GBA cart.
    Not the most user friendly of devices, you have to link it with your PC then flash it with the software you want.
    But it's very cool.
    Hard things to find now though, so good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Picked up today

Will have to wait a while before I give it a go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Picked up my majora mask 3ds special edition today from amazon.fr.
    Damaged in the post though. Anyone here get stuff from them before?

OwaynOTT wrote: »

If you report it, you might get a refund or voucher of some sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

OwaynOTT wrote: »

when i got mine the box was a bit battered but still intact, it was almost like they used a corner of the box as a door jam or something, but the contents were grand so i didnt care. i take it you are talking about the console being damaged tho, Report it to amazon they might be able to send a replacement or refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Still not even played Galaxy 2 yet but celebrated payday with Super Mario 3D World.

Only three games left and I'll have every game I want on the platform released thus far. Estimated completion date: 2022. :o

11025944_379715402211530_4922640157212283031_n.jpg?oh=0e304018cfb3eb093ecd0980a843ed42&oe=55769C21

On the one hand, yay I finally have a micro. On the other, ****ing 17 euro customs charge! Thats shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

cloud493 wrote: »
    11025944_379715402211530_4922640157212283031_n.jpg?oh=0e304018cfb3eb093ecd0980a843ed42&oe=55769C21

On the one hand, yay I finally have a micro. On the other, ****ing 17 euro customs charge! Thats shocking.

Where did you get it from?

The US. Free from someone on a different forum, which was very nice, just had to pay the shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I'm growing fond of that polka dot spread I must say. Maybe it's the subconscious association with great Nintendo gets.

Thats how it starts :pac:
    I'm actually annoyed though, cos this charger I bought from the rage that they assured me would work in a gameboy micro, shockingly doesn't fit the charger slot.

Yeah I have a similar issue, was told the ds lite one would work for the micro, but its unique. Got a usb one on the way at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Puzzle Bobble Galaxy!

Which reminds me, has any played Bubble Bobble Plus on Wii Ware, or is it atill available even to play via the Wii U ? As a coinop in many an arcade it sucked money straight from my pockets and I remember saving for ages to get it on tape for the Commodore 64.

• Advertisement

The charger is indeed particular to the micro.
    Mine is an Australian charger for some reason, but works fine with an adapter.
    A cracking little machine and an amazing crisp screen.
    Oddly, its the faceplates that are hard to get, so if you come across a set or two buy em up!

Aye, I'm lucky I just got a USB charger off eBay for less than 4 euro, but the rage ripped me off >.<

The faceplate on this one is a wee bit scratched, so a new one is next on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Some recent Ninty gets:

SgfUnn7.jpg

How are you finding the Gamecube adapter? Might pick one up myself as there's no sign of the official one coming back into stock!

I find it odd they don't patch Mario Kart 8 so it's compatible with that adapter.
    Makes sense to me but there you go.
    Maybe if they do a HD remaster of Mario Kart Double Dash in the future....

Batman Arkham Origins arrived this morning, happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

Batman Arkham Origins arrived this morning, happy days!

By the way, the dlc code is used in the eshop, not the games menu like is stated on the code leaflet.

How are you finding the Gamecube adapter? Might pick one up myself as there's no sign of the official one coming back into stock!

I actually haven't tried it on the Wii-U yet as I don't have Smash Bros. I only really got it for future use tbh - in case Nintendo release some more games that support the GC controller or I find Smash Bros. at a cheaper price. Works fine on PC though! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Works fine on PC though! :pac:

I've an older version of their GC-PC adaptors, it only kinda worked, as it didn't recognise the input from the analogue triggers, only the click at the end. :(

Did they include drivers with this one? They might restore it to life for me!

Star Lord wrote: »
    I've an older version of their GC-PC adaptors, it only kinda worked, as it didn't recognise the input from the analogue triggers, only the click at the end. :(

Did they include drivers with this one? They might restore it to life for me!

No drivers included but it does mention there are some available if you want vibration support, it has a second USB cable for this also. Here's the back of the box:

nwgggQK.jpg

I just plugged it straight in (using Win 8.1 64bit) and tested it on Giana Sisters in Steam.

Ah, sorry, just realized I had it the wrong way round, it recognised the analogue input, but not the 'click' at the end.

It was about time I added this to my 3DS library. Was gutted I missed it for a fiver :eek: in that Tesco sale madness last year and couldn't bring myself to pay full whack for it (even if it is my favourite console game of all time). Finally gave in bought it for €30 from CeX (next day delivery was a pleasant surprise!). Will pop it on the shelf for now as MH4U has my full attention. Happy out. :)

V2CQsbK.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

Got loads of gaming to get through before I even start these but ah well :)

06df972082a12e3daa20ef98b548bb54.jpg

Nice gets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Lego Marvel is great, especially for multiplayer. Just remember, it's a pain in the arse to switch out from being the Hulk or Spiderman, because the button press you usually use to bring up the character select matrix is the same one to transform into Bruce Banner or Peter Parker. So let your kids / significant other / mates be Hulk and then laugh as you effortlessly switch from Dr. Doom to Johnny Storm.

Just had a horrible image flash into my mind as I typed Johnny Storm. Be glad you're not me...

Star Lord wrote: »
    [Nice gets!

Australian versions. :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement