Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Large open pores

• 14-12-2014 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I seem to be having a problem with open pores, it's annoying me as it make my face look like its dirty!
    First pic is my skin after I have cleansed, tone, serum and moisturised.
    2nd pic is after putting on make up. Of course I forgot to put on primer. When I put on blush or bronzer it seems to make it look worse.
    How can I make my pores smaller as covering them up with make up makes them look worse?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Despite the claims of many skin care products you can't make pores smaller, the size is fixed.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/cleansing/myths/pores-in-hotter-water.htm

The only thing you can do is reduce the appearance of them. Dead skin cells from around the pore can fall into the pore and mix with your skins oils forming a dark coloured substance that can make pore stand out. The way to combat that is regular cleansing and toning or chemical exfoliation. You're pores look pretty clean tho so you're current skin care routine seems to be working well for you.

The only other thing you can do is cover them up. A pore minimising primer is often enough. Benefits Porefessional is the only one that comes to mind that works well, but there are definitely lots of others that people swear by. If that isn't enough then you could try a higher coverage foundation.

Just for the record from the pics you posted your pores look perfectly normal. I'd be fairly certain this is one of those things that stand out like a sore thumb to you when you look in the mirror but nobody else notices at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Thanks a million Tiddlypeeps. Yes I probably notice them cause I do be right up against the mirror looking at them!! Maybe I should be exfoliating more?

I have the Benefit Porefessional and it is good, I do just forget to use it a lot of the time when I am rushing to get ready. It's when I put on blush that it seems to show up my pores a lot more.

Advertisement