Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eyebrows

Options
  • 09-11-2014 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi , I've let my eyebrows grow for weeks after havin them shaved they've grown back a bit but still have gaps I'm tired of them and want to get them waxed , and a shape on them , would they be able to do it???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

MOD

Hi OP,

I've moved your thread over to the beauty forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

hi , I've let my eyebrows grow for weeks after havin them shaved they've grown back a bit but still have gaps I'm tired of them and want to get them waxed , and a shape on them , would they be able to do it???

Yeah I'm sure they would be able to shape them. Where did you get them shaved?? I've never heard of shaving them apart from when I was 13 and stupidly used my dads razor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

No harm in getting them waxed, should make it easier to fill them in and define the shape a bit too

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Chrisita

is a commonly provided service at my clinic (permanently by electrolysis, classic shapes only). When I commence the treatment I inform the client that it will take 1 year for every single hair to surface, as many of them have a long dormant phase before regrowing. My advise is to do as little as possible for several months,literally tidy around the edges only. Repeated tweezing will often cause hairs in this area to cease growing (unlike elsewhere on the face). This is clearly evident on many older women who end up with very thin eyebrows. At your age this advice would probably sound alarming to me too, but it is the absolute truth. Perhaps look for someone with a great reputation with eyebrows who can help you get the look you had before, back. Most will work with what you present with now, and the danger is that the result will be a much finer browline. All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 shaz90ish

Please never shave them again. You skin will turn out rough. Although it may look good then, it isn't a good option. My suggestion is threading. you can get threading done in any body shop. Once eyebrows are threaded, it wont grow back until another 2 weeks depending on ur skin growth. If you think it might be expensive, there are so many tutorials on youtube, on threading. You wont regret spending a couple of minutes learning it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

I seem to be super sensitive, my eyes always tear up and it's really embarrassing. I'm not crying like, it's just similar to the tearing up you get after coughing/sneezing. Anything I can do? I usually get them tweezed, any other method hurt less?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

xLisaBx wrote: »
    I seem to be super sensitive, my eyes always tear up and it's really embarrassing. I'm not crying like, it's just similar to the tearing up you get after coughing/sneezing. Anything I can do? I usually get them tweezed, any other method hurt less?

Its completely normal and happens to everyone. AFAIK the nerves on the end of hairs on the face and connect to the system as the tear duct and nose. Meaning everyone tears up a little.

Threading is probably the best as you can take out a ton of hairs. Rather than just a single one with a tweezers.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

I tend to tear up too but what helps is if I pull the skin "apart" and make the skin as flat as possible. That way, I nearly don't feel anything! might be worth a shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Thanks guys :) its more annoying than anything to have red puffy eyes for the day!

Advertisement