Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite foundation?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

I love Bobbi Brown foundation. It makes my skin look dewy and healthy. I love that Bobbi Brown promotes looking fresh and healthy with a light coverage rather than try make you look like a completely different person. I like minimal coverage. I got my make up done at lots of different make up counters and sometimes I didn't recognise myself in the mirror! I was caked in the stuff.

That's not the coverage, it's the application that makes it cakey. I've seen it happen with people wearing light coverage foundation too. Don't dismiss products because someone applied it badly for you.
    I'd have missed out on some great products if I did that. Instead I took samples in the shades I knew would work best and applied it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AJmakeup

Being a blogger I like to try out new products all the time, and since last posting here I've been loving the Isadora Nude Sensation Fluid Foundation in shade 10 for day wear! So good, and a little goes a long way! It's relatively new to the market too, was released for SS15!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I have used Revlon Colorstay for the last five year and I'm very loyal to it. However, the spf in it means that the white cast caused by camera flash on nights out can be really bad! I was thinking of trying Makeup Forever HD, anyone have any opinions on it? Youtube is great but I love the advice of boardsies! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Recently started using Mac foundation and some bits of Mac make-up and find it quiet good. Stays on a good while. Still tend to stick with No7 foundation otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭crestglan

I find Inglot very good very like Mac but price range is far more affordable I have also done the boots No7 match and find this great I use it for every day and keep my Inglot for going out have had loads of comments on my complexion since using No 7 can't believe it as i was a Mac girl all the way just goes to show not all expensive brands are the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I've recently fallen in love with the new L'Oreal Infallible 24HR Matte foundation. It's good coverage, matte but not mask-y, and stays on my oily nose & chin all day. Would recommend to anyone with combination/oily skin!

I use Kiehls BB cream, it's gorgeous and doesn't cover up your own skin too much, just evens out skin tone.

I got my make up done a couple of weeks ago for a wedding and the girl used inglot HD, really really good, full coverage without looking caked. I went out and bought it and I'll use it for a few weddings I have coming up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I use Kiehls BB cream, it's gorgeous and doesn't cover up your own skin too much, just evens out skin tone.

I got my make up done a couple of weeks ago for a wedding and the girl used inglot HD, really really good, full coverage without looking caked. I went out and bought it and I'll use it for a few weddings I have coming up.
    I'm looking for a good BB cream. Where can you get Kiehls? Is it expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Another thumbs up for Rimmel 24hr lasting finish. One of the few brands that does varying shades of paler foundation that suits fairer skin types. I used to love Clarins but found it a bit too bright for day to day wear. Thinking of trying the new Clinique foundation that doubles as a concealer but I'm wary of it being a full coverage foundation as I prefer medium coverage. Any thoughts? :)

A_smurf wrote: »
    Another thumbs up for Rimmel 24hr lasting finish. One of the few brands that does varying shades of paler foundation that suits fairer skin types. I used to love Clarins but found it a bit too bright for day to day wear. Thinking of trying the new Clinique foundation that doubles as a concealer but I'm wary of it being a full coverage foundation as I prefer medium coverage. Any thoughts? :)
    I got a sample of benefit foundation the other day and it's a medium coverage. Feels light on the skin too, I might buy it as my going out foundation. Worth getting a sample of :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

A_smurf wrote: »
    . Thinking of trying the new Clinique foundation that doubles as a concealer but I'm wary of it being a full coverage foundation as I prefer medium coverage. Any thoughts? :)

I tried this as I'm a clinique Fan but the lightest shade was way too dark. When I said it to a couple of clinique staff tthey said loads of people have said the same and clinique are working on getting paler shades but it wI'll be next year.

It didn't feel heavy on though compared to double wear light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I have been using Bare minerals for about 2 years now, in the mineral powder and have been happy with it. I got the serum foundation for Christmas and I love it! Its so much easier to put on and goes on so smooth and looks flawless! Really liking it. My only complaint would be that you have to buy a brush with it, its a special flat top one, with a bit cut out of middle where you put a couple of drops of the foundation into and then buff. The brush is pricey at €28! So not too impressed with that!

I love BM. I currently have the mineral powder. That's really annoying about the brush for the serum foundation though. I would of considered purchasing it otherwise. I might see if I can get a sample of it though it may be pointless without the brush. What kind of finish does the foundation give? I find the powder looks great on my skin but it's missing that dewy look.

Tilly wrote: »
    I'm looking for a good BB cream. Where can you get Kiehls? Is it expensive?

In Dublin the ones I know of are Wicklow Street, Dundrum, and there's a concession in Arnotts. It's €27 I think and they have a 30 day refund policy if you're not happy for any reason. They are also brilliant at giving samples of any of their products.

http://www.kiehls.com/BB-Cream-Actively-Correcting-and-Beautifying-with-SPF-50-PA/1201,default,pd.html

Excellent, thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 KMoon09

I have a couple of favourite foundations that I tend to stick with.

For day, I switch between Bourjois Healthy Mix and Mac Studio Fix. I'm going to be very fussy and say I prefer the Healthy Mix Serum over the Healthy Mix Foundation. The serum seems to give a far nicer finish, and a lovely dewy glow. Even though I love the serum, there is something I just can't resist about Mac Studio Fix. It gives my skin a lovely glow, and the coverage is amazing.

For nights out, I love Revlon Colorstay. The shade I use is Early Tan, as I normally wear tan on nights out. The coverage is amazing and I love the finish this foundation gives. Only downside is there is no pump, and it can be a bit of a nightmare trying to get the foundation out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I used the Kiehls BB cream and I wasn't super impressed. I'm currently using the Urban Decay naked foundation which I really like but I need something lighter for the daytime. I was a loyal Mac Studio Fix user for a long time but I wanted a change so I've been using a few different foundations for a while now. I might revisit Mac again for a daytime option. I did like Bobbi Brown liquid foundation but I found the bottle really fiddly and it was quite expensive for something I wasn't totally happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Just bought the Inglot HD foundation and I put it on as soon as I got home today, I couldn't wait!

The finish is beautiful, and it has completely blurred any pores and fine lines. It feels weightless even though it has full coverage!

Curious to see how it holds up in work tomorrow, and whether it breaks out my skin...I'm optimistic though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭crestglan

Inglot is a great range love their eyeshadows aswell as foundation and their brush range very good quality at a great price, never liked Rimmel always found their foundations cakey

Advertisement