Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Certainly hope so. Another Utrecht would be a catastrophic disaster but I don't see it arising.

In saying that we can't be complacent but if we don't get past the likes of Sion then we might as well withdraw from Europe for a few years..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

ColeTrain wrote: »
    In saying that we can't be complacent but if we don't get past the likes of Sion then we might as well withdraw from Europe for a few years..

I'm a lot more confident that we are ready to make some progress in Europe compared with this time last year. I think the team is a lot more settled and we know they can play good stuff when they turn it on. Only real niggle is the keeper at the moment, I hope they can still sort something out with Forster and Newcastle.

I'm actually happy that Rangers will be in the same comp, and I would expect they'll also progress. It adds a bit of spice when both sides are in the groups of the same competition, another incentive to try and keep progressing.

May the best half of Glasgow win! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Is there a new goalie on the way to Celtic Park? link; www.celtictalk.org/celtic-agree-2-1m-fee-for-grezgorz-sandomierski/?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Looks like Izzy will be out for a long spell, suspected broken ankle. Stretchered off at Pittodrie.

Such a shame with European ties coming up as well. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

PauloMN wrote: »
    Looks like Izzy will be out for a long spell, suspected broken ankle. Stretchered off at Pittodrie.

Such a shame with European ties coming up as well. :(

Looks a nasty one hate to see any player get an injury like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

"Stokesey's Da, he hates the queen, Stokesey's Da, he hates the queen" :)

0-1 in the end, Stokes. Hard fought win there, Aberdeen while not being much of a threat were certainly tougher to break down than last season. Can't see 21 goals v Aberdeen this season!!

I think Izzy's injury affected the performance somewhat, seemed to struggle to create a bit after a pretty decent start. Will be good to have Brown back especially for away games like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Right result but big blow about Izaguirre. Hope he is not out for too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Didn't get to see the game today. Tough place to go so 3 points is what matters. Hammer blow losing Izzy alright, Wilson at left back is probably the way to go imo.

A tough game for Celtic today but Stokes produced the goods again today getting his 2nd SPL goal of the season. Aberdeen made it very difficult for Celtic today with their defensive style of play.

Stokes after a great start to the season and after silencing his critics. Also good to see Zaluska keeping a clean sheet,it can only do his confidence the world of good. Hopefully Izzaguire will make a full recovery from that terrible injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

As always two sides of the coin. Three points and a lovely goal...but then Izzy. Hope he will come back soon

dartbhoy wrote: »
    A tough game for Celtic today but Stokes produced the goods again today getting his 2nd SPL goal of the season. Aberdeen made it very difficult for Celtic today with their defensive style of play.

Stokes after a great start to the season and after silencing his critics. Also good to see Zaluska keeping a clean sheet,it can only do his confidence the world of good. Hopefully Izzaguire will make a full recovery from that terrible injury.

Fair enough he kept a clean sheet but come on he was never troubled this is a Sheep team that's not scored a goal this season :p

Fair enough he kept a clean sheet but come on he was never troubled this is a Sheep team that's not scored a goal this season :p
    Ah come on Broxi poor old Zaluska gets a right doing from the Celtic support,he did make 1 or 2 saves surely:D!

Is there a new goalie on the way to Celtic Park? link; www.celtictalk.org/celtic-agree-2-1m-fee-for-grezgorz-sandomierski/?

Story running on the BBC website now:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14411935.stm

Izaguirre out for up to six months :(
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14436784.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Nowhere in that article does it suggest 6 months is likely though, Lennon has said they dont know yet if he will need surgery and if he does it will be three months out minimum??

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/celtic/265439-second-celtic-bid-for-grzegorz-sandomierski-rejected/

Celtic are “very, very far away” from meeting Jagiellonia Bialystok’s valuation of Grzegorz Sandomierski, having had a second transfer bid rejected on Monday.

STV has learned Neil Lennon’s side have again fallen short in the Polish club’s valuation of the goalkeeper, which is understood to stand at £2 million. It is also understood Celtic are currently giving consideration over whether to return with a third offer.

The international keeper was subject to an initial bid from Celtic last week and the SPL side remain in discussions with Jagiellonia, while Belgian side Genk are also keen to sign the 21-year-old.

Jagiellonia’s president Cezary Kulesza said on Monday that the Glasgow side were still falling short of that valuation in their offers, a statement confirmed by the Polish club to STV.

"Celtic's offer are very, very far away from meeting our valuation," a spokesperson said. "They will have to bid significantly more to sign the player.

"Celtic sent a second offer today [Monday] which was rejected. The first offer we received was on either Tuesday or Wednesday last week." STV understands that Celtic's first offer was less than the £650,000 quoted by the Polish media last week.

Speaking on Monday, Sandomierski’s agent, Radoslaw Osuch, told STV his client is eager to move to Celtic and the goalkeeper is ready to fly to Scotland as soon as they match his club’s asking price.

“Celtic are closer with their new offer but it is still not good enough for Jagiellonia Bialystok,” Osuch told STV. “Jagiellonia definitely want to sell him and it's just about who comes in with the best offer.”

“I know the people of Celtic very well and I know Grzegorz likes the club. He shares my positive feelings.

“As soon as Celtic match the £2 million asking price, we will be on our way to Scotland. I hope everything turns out well and I feel Celtic want him very much.

“Genk are bidding more so they have a chance as well.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'm sure it wont take us 7 failed bids though

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'm sure it wont take us 7 failed bids though

FFs grow up I never said anything about how many bids I put a news statement up

It seems this goalie is keen to go to Celtic according to his agent. He has 3 caps already for Poland and is highly regarded over there. Looks like if they offer the £2 million they will get him however let's wait and see what happens,looks like Celtic are going to try and beat down that valuation some bit to get their target.

• Advertisement

Celtic legends v Man Utd legends live on ITV4 tomorrow evening at 7 00.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

Me and a few lads are looking to go the Celtic v Rangers match on the 28th of December, any of the packages I have seen are ridicously expensive though..Any ody have any advice or links on the cheapest way of getting to this match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

Jordonvito wrote: »
    Me and a few lads are looking to go the Celtic v Rangers match on the 28th of December, any of the packages I have seen are ridicously expensive though..Any ody have any advice or links on the cheapest way of getting to this match?

We rarely fully sell out these days, even tickets for Old Firm games tend to go on general sale just before it.

Celtic legends v Man Utd legends live on ITV4 tomorrow evening at 7 00.

Just when I thought I'd finally gotten over Larsson leaving, he's back running around CP again. What a player we had there.

I'm away to cry in a corner for a week now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

PauloMN wrote: »
    Just when I thought I'd finally gotten over Larsson leaving, he's back running around CP again. What a player we had there.

I'm away to cry in a corner for a week now. :(

Played a blinder tonight, grabbed a hattrick and set up one of Pettas 2. I honestly still think he could be banging them in for us. Even at the ripe old age of 39 :pac:

A legend and one of my all time favourite players. Had to change my avatar as a tribute to him :). Hope to change my username as a tribute to him soon too :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I'd say it was a great night, I was delighted to hear that the money is going to help the famine victims in East Africa...I only recently realised how serious the problem has become, it is a very worthy cause and it's great to see football clubs and fans taking the human tragedy that is starvation seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

Cracking night well done to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Jordonvito wrote: »

Any chance for one in the away end ? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The most touching moment last night was, when Big John left the pitch...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement